Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

inverted flares

I tried all of the ideas suggested and finally got a good flair except it leans to one side, because the die that starts the flair leans over when I start the flairing tool into it because of the size stamp that pushed metal into the cone. I will get a better tool later and make this work, but today I am going to the auto parts and get the lines and finish this job because I am closing in on getting this roadster done and I am getting anxious.

I had the same issues, I invested in a quality tool and BAM my problem went away. I also like the NAPA brand of tubing, it seems to be a little softer and takes a flair easier.

-Don

I'm with Don, the better tools are the tools of choice when the Hinney hits the road! Ha! A good flairing setup causes alot of problems to go byby....I used to have this flairing setup I used to have to mount a specially cut alum. softjaws in my vise, before I'd do the flare, I'd put the casing resizing oil on the tip, then I'd snug it up in the vice to keep her from sliding back. Didn't take long for that to get old....and the tubing Napa carrys flares better than most.

Snap-on has a really good flaring tool, works great, but its dawm expensive. I about choked when the guy handed it to me....and told me the price.

After all the trys I did and finally realized my flaring tool was no good I found a really easy way to do this. The garage where I take any car work that's over my head told me to bring them there. They fixed me right up and didn't charge me a dime. They get all of my business and references.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back