Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

IT Guys- Totaly Off Topic Here

dovehunter79

I saw somewhere that Office 2010 Beta is available for download.... Ive only found torrents so far, I havent been able to find a legit one...

What's wrong with using a torrent? There's nothing illegitimate about using torrent downloads. Download from a torrent and you'll be using the suite before a standard download is 25% complete. And the larger the swarm, the faster the download.

If you don't have a torrent client, grab Opera. It has a torrent script of its own.

Just remember to use a bit of Net-iquette and leave your torrent client running for a couple hours, to seed the torrent. Help the other guy the way you were helped.

have you guys messed with Open Office, its open source? it has come a long way in the past couple years. its free

i've been running win7 beta for near a year now, windows7 is actually nice and has been very stable and user friendly, networks very easy to setup also, near plug and play..

I loaded Xubuntu on my old rig the other day, if i were just web surfing, and getting emails i would just use a linux setup..Xubuntu has open office pre loaded on it, and also Gimp2.66, firefox, and ftp client....

i downloaded a trial of photoshop the other day, tried it, then seen the price of it, i choked and went and downloaded Gimp, its an open source graphics/photo editing program that think will give photoshop a run for its money, and its 100% free, so it might actually be better :)

My website i'm fiddling with is coming along, using Joomla, phoca gallery , and also kunena forums, all that stuff is open source, so far so good, and i havent got hacked yet, and havent got attacked by spam bots yet either, hope i dont either :) ... still have to work on my advertising with google adsense and a couple other things..

If i ever quit online gaming, which i havent played in a couple months, i might just swap completey over to linux os, either Mint, xubuntu, or ubuntu.. i liked Mint alot, Xubuntu is good also, they're both based off of ubuntu..

Mike, dont you have an ftp side of your site? you could put up a passworded folder and people could post up freeware, and beta stuff, and opensource stuff, make it for members only or something, just make sure that the people are scanning stuff before and after uploading.. just a thought.

http://tbuckets.us

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back