Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Jag rear

AZCOWBO said:
I have a Jag. diff, axles, hubs, and inbound brakes and calipers, with Buterra fabricated swingarms, and four inverted coilovers on mine. The ride height will be a little high and the ride ruff, but it looks good. That is what that counts isn't it, ha. (Go to my album for photos.)
Just for looks, well it sometimes looks and sounds that way, here at least... Not really supposed to be that way, as the Jag is made for a soft ride and cornering on the street. It will do that in a T Bucket also, IF!! You mount the springs out at the bottom (if you are doing a custom thing) and inboard at the top when using a stock set up, springs and shocks, if you are getting a hard ride, or the rear is sitting too high, the coilovers are mounted with the top mounts too WIDE, no leverage... Good luck, as these are wonderful for a street CRUISER, and the look is great, but not good for a high HP engine that you are jumping on now and them... If you want to go quick, use a straight axle rear end... :)

Thaks guys. I'm not sure wether i'm going with the twin or single shock on each end. I'm leaning toward the single shocks on the back.

Thanks
Neddy:D

I don't have a vented cover currently on my car, but do have an extra cover, that is vented. What advantage is the vented cover over non-vented? Should I change them?

Go back to post22 of this thread. Lee posted a pic of what happens with an unvented cover.

Ron

Youngster said:
Go back to post22 of this thread. Lee posted a pic of what happens with an unvented cover.

Ron
Yep, you will blow oil out someplace without a vent. Fortunately mine came out through the poorly applied gasket sealer under the cover. :eek:

648d1214401204-jag-rear-062408-005.jpg

Check out my album for some good Jag. pics. If you go with two shocks instead of four, you will put a strain on the allignment and strength of the rear end.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back