Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Jeff from Indiana Project underway need help and sugestions

Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
hello to all! I have been working at my bucket for some time now. Mostly collecting parts. I got all the engine parts together and it's near ready to run on the dyno now so now I have the itch to get the rest of this thing together. I have a total performance frame set up for 4 inch drop. I don't have a four inch drop axle, only around 3 inch. so plan on running 14 inch in the front? Got the wheels and tires already. Any opinions on that? Bigest isue is getting it all together now. I opened the rear four link box from speedway only to find that the 4 bars are for the front instead of the back. I am working with them to see if we can rectify the issue at the moment. Looking for some pro street tires and 15 X 14 rear wheels right now. Rear end is an offset smooth back 9" ford. I need a set of coil overs but not sure what to get a the moment or I would order them Monday. Engine is a Dart block 347 ford with 10.5 cr Afr 205 heads. I got a bit carried away with it. 5000 to 6000 dollar moter ended up closer to $13,000. Well you only go around once. water under the bridge now. I am going to attach a few photos if I can of the current status of parts laid out. Please give me your thoughts, opinions and pointers. I need to get this frame together and got the itch now to do so DSC02289.JPG DSC02291.JPG DSC02296.JPG DSC02281.JPG DSC02298.JPG DSC02241.JPG DSC02242.JPG DSC02291.JPG

hello to all! I have been working at my bucket for some time now. Mostly collecting parts. I got all the engine parts together and it's near ready to run on the dyno now so now I have the itch to get the rest of this thing together. I have a total performance frame set up for 4 inch drop. I don't have a four inch drop axle, only around 3 inch. so plan on running 14 inch in the front? Got the wheels and tires already. Any opinions on that? Bigest isue is getting it all together now. I opened the rear four link box from speedway only to find that the 4 bars are for the front instead of the back. I am working with them to see if we can rectify the issue at the moment. Looking for some pro street tires and 15 X 14 rear wheels right now. Rear end is an offset smooth back 9" ford. I need a set of coil overs but not sure what to get a the moment or I would order them Monday. Engine is a Dart block 347 ford with 10.5 cr Afr 205 heads. I got a bit carried away with it. 5000 to 6000 dollar moter ended up closer to $13,000. Well you only go around once. water under the bridge now. I am going to attach a few photos if I can of the current status of parts laid out. Please give me your thoughts, opinions and pointers. I need to get this frame together and got the itch now to do so View attachment 10774 View attachment 10775 View attachment 10776 View attachment 10777 View attachment 10778 View attachment 10779 View attachment 10780 View attachment 10775
Hello, sounds like a great start! I am not sure about advice, just divide it up in logical sections so you can focus on your work and tear into it. Getting it rolling and steering seems like a priority.

Yep! That where I am at need it rolling and steering. I had a runnable rat rod style 23T but it had no front brakes and an obsolete hub set up for adapting them. It became the donor car for the rear end. I still need to find a steering colume that closely matches the mock up one as the floor plate is there on it. I have a good c4 tranny in the donor car but realy want of use JW bellhousing with a TH350 for some reason. Which end would you all star with the front or the rear from the photos?

Yep! That where I am at need it rolling and steering. I had a runnable rat rod style 23T but it had no front brakes and an obsolete hub set up for adapting them. It became the donor car for the rear end. I still need to find a steering colume that closely matches the mock up one as the floor plate is there on it. I have a good c4 tranny in the donor car but realy want of use JW bellhousing with a TH350 for some reason. Which end would you all star with the front or the rear from the photos?
From reading your post, it sounds like you have most of th rear suspension, I would start there.

Yes Mauckport is on the river. I bet is cold up there to the north. Going to be here too wednesday. Does any one have any photos of Speedways parellel 4 link installed? They told me the bars have a 7 degree angle if that's so then I am ready to start fitting the rear together. See if I can't get it tacked up for mock purposes. I will keep pics posted as I go. Feel free to put in your two cents worth as I'm newbie to a lot of this. Just trying to make it work with most of what I scrounged up. I got the whole front end too I think except a spring plate which I might have to make. i need to get a measurement on the bolt pattern for it. i think it was like 2 1/2 range.
Thanks all! If any one is interested in in a big block blown chevy rat rod style all grey they got a nice one sitting at Brandenburg competition auto machine. for 13,000 with the front motor plate still on it. Turned 800 on the dyno on pump gas. They told me they built it and dynod it. Was put in 57 wagon and now out and the owner want to sell it.

Welcome to the Forum. Good luck with the build, you'll never regret one second or dollar of it...

title is not a problem revamping the no brake rat rod 23. how do you get a title for that with no front brakes? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Hello to all.
Speedway says that the bars for the rear are supposed to have the 7 degree angle. Now I am just trying to figure out how this is going to work out on the rear like that.
I could see it if they had 7 degree on both ends, but as I see it it makes the rear end brackets angled correct me if I am wrong. Here is a photo and see the angle in the photo don't you? why would you want it that way rather than straight.four bar.jpg

Just wanted to post a pic of the Rat rod donor car along with front end lay out for new frame. can anyone positive ID the steering box in the last photo.DSC02418.JPG DSC02416.JPG DSC02415.JPG

Do you have a working flash for that camera? The pictures are so dark that I can't even make out the steering box to tell what it is.

Jim

No but I will try to get a better photo in a day or so. Using a movie camera and it was pretty dark when I took it. Sorry for the pic quality.

Maybe this will help until he can post something with better exposure.

SteeringBox.JPG

Yep it sure was a corvair box got the u-joint and it fit like a glove. Many thanksDSC02493.JPG

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back