Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Kookie Car"

EX JUNK

You may want to check out the May issue of Street Rodder. On the cover is a replica of the original "Kookie" car that Norm Grabowski built. Starting on page 32 there is the feature layout of it. On page 146 is another fine T, the XL27.

Jim

Norm is the Real deal i spent the weekend on and off talking to him a few weeks ago . He is a real character. I will head over for that issue.

My "T" is similar to Norm's in stance and the banjo rear end . Frame is in for Blue paint now. Then I get to put it ALL back together!

It's good to see T's are getting positions of prominence in Street rodder with last month's cover and features.

It is cool. They dont get the respect they deserve. It is all these streetrods grandpa. I will bet all the great builders at one time had their hands on a T.

It is cool. They dont get the respect they deserve. It is all these streetrods grandpa. I will bet all the great builders at one time had their hands on a T.

One word sums it up:"Jealousy". My T-Bucket gets more attention than anything i've ever owned. People walk right by my '56 Chevy to check out the T-Bucket. How can a '32 Ford owner be jealous of a lowly T-Bucket??? I can park my T-Bucket beside my bro-in-laws Deuce 5 window (it's a beautiful street rod appraised at around 45K) and the general public will walk right by it and check out my T-Bucket. They know it's a hot rod. The Deuce is just a neat old car. They call 'em "bellybutton cars" because they all "look alike". How many ways can you build a Deuce? A Model A? Impractical? No more so than a Model A roadster.

Sorry for the rant but the Model T deserves alot more respect than it receives. It was the original hot rod.

Well the only way you get a T Bucket is to build one from either old parts, (not the safest) or from scratch with all new material... The only OLD part on my T is the steering column TUBE, and it is changed to fit... At times I tell customers that it would be a lot easier to build a custom from any old car, and a lot cheaper also... BY the way YES Norm is a very special ONE of a KIND person...

I love Norms T, but prefer the "Lightning Bug" version. I STILL have the issue of "Rodders Journal" opened up on my coffee table. As for T's getting attention? No doubt they get the looks. Even at rod events. Yesturday, I was cruising around town and had two people give me the "thumbs up". What made it cool was that both guys were driving high-end imports. One was a 7 series BMW and the other was a Lexus of some sort. You can't help but smile when the owner of a car that's worth 5 times as yours shows the love. Even had a couple folks take pics while I was sitting at stop lights. Definately NOT a low profile vehicle. And I'm loving it! :)

Definately NOT a low profile vehicle. And I'm loving it! :laugh:

I hear ya Fred. I've even had the Fresno PD give me a thumbs up. And that was runnin' open pipes, a slightly lumpy cam and a gear drive. The smiles and looks on peoples faces when you're runnin' down the freeway in 40 degree slightly foggy weather is priceless.

The "YEAH!!!", thumbs up and big ole smile i get from my 5 yo grandson when i nail it is just great. Ya gotta love it. :thumb:

At the end of last year season, I drove my "T" to church one Sunday Morning and the gentleman on parking lot duty had me park up front in a handy cap spot, so that everyone leaving church could check it out. Half the members at church want rides. Looks like I'll be pretty busy this year. :thinkn:

thomas

That's cool, Thomas! Good to hear from ya!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back