Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Leaning a little

Johnny

Well, I thought things were good until my son said the rear of my bucket was lower on one side. I thought, "You're messin with me!" But sure enough it is lower about quarter inch or so on the left side. First I thought it could be an adjustment on coil overs, but now I think it's probably my radius rods out of adjustment.
What say you, gentlemen ?
Thanks

How old is your son? He's got those young, eagle eyes. Unfortunately I don't. So I would like to see a pic of the situation.

John

Are you sure that the frame is not twisted?

Jim

Hard to tell from the picture. How did the level compare to the floor for level? May just need to make a spring adjustment, or turn the clevis's on your hairpins to correct. I made sure my frame was level, and the axles, then made adjustments to hairpins to make sure they were the same. After that, coil overs went on, then made necessary tweeking there. Shouldn't be much a problem to fix unless the hairpins are welded to the axle.
Lee

Yup, your son's right. Definite lean to the left. Axle tubes look fairly level. Concrete floor. Check for shock mount damage. Maybe put the driver on a diet.

John

Johnny, just ribbing ya, but good for you if you are following a healthier life style. I would certainly pull the gas tank and bed to look for misalignment in the shock mount area. Perhaps, as I said, a broken shock mount itself. Something is not right.

John

If the front and back are equal I would adjust the coil overs on the back and the clevis's on the front until it sits level. I had that trouble on the first roller I built and wondered what I did and after looking for a while I realized what I had done. Easy fix

Well, it's like they say, whoever they are. If it's not one thing, it's another ! I go to unbolt my radius rod and the dang bolt got all cross threaded and now I'm going to have to cut it off with my grinder. Too stinkin hot, so I'll go out there early in the morning and cut it.

If it's any consolation, it was probably cross-threaded going in. Did you use an impact for the install? Or maybe corrosion or working up and down on the threaded part during driving ?

John

Also, don't forget, these little cars don't have alot of suspension power holding them up, 160# everyday, in the heat of summer, most of the days, you can have a leaf sagging on one side. Just saying....they don't build nothin like they used to....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back