Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Liking the new look

Well, it keeps freezing up. I can reply, but it freezes when it goes back to this thread. I'm out for a while. It's only doing it on this site. So....

Wow. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really don't care for the new format. I find it very hard to navigate and so different from the formats used on the other 4 forums I belong to. I logged on today at work to surf and I thought at first it was just our computer at work making this format appear this way. But now that I am home I see it is the same.

Sorry, but I have to be honest. If forums are too hard to navigate people tend to not participate.

Don

Wow. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really don't care for the new format. I find it very hard to navigate and so different from the formats used on the other 4 forums I belong to. I logged on today at work to surf and I thought at first it was just our computer at work making this format appear this way. But now that I am home I see it is the same.

Sorry, but I have to be honest. If forums are too hard to navigate people tend to not participate.

Don

Don, I felt the same way earlier today but after playing with it for a bit I was able to sort out the major things that I was having trouble with.
First thing was locating the new post button upper right hand corner "View New Content".
Next was marking all the old posts in the forum as read so they didn't all come up when I clicked on "View New Content". Once you get those two down it's almost like the old forum.
Now I'm working on the text editor, it was a little confusing at first then I clicked on

Posting Settings
  • Enable visual (RTE) editor?
    Rich Text Editor requires IE6+, Mozilla / Firefox 3.0+, Safari 4+, Google Chrome, or Opera 9+

in "My Settings" and that changed the text editor to more of a WYSIWYG editor like on the old forum.
Believe me, it was a little troubling at first but it's getting better. If anyone has any other suggestions, tips or ideas to make things easier here please post them.

Chuck

Don

Don,

give it some time.. let mike get a good red theme on this board and it'll look better, these forums load alot faster than the old forum did for me anyways..

i dont care for the light colors, i think a little darker grey and red theme, will be good....

ive always liked the invision boards better actually..

One thing I'm liking is the pictures resize. No more scrolling along the bottom!

No apology necessary. One thing I've managed to learn along the way is it is impossible to make everyone happy. Frankly, I don't even bother trying to achieve the impossible as it is a certain set-up for failure. :thumb: People are resistant to change and I am one of the worst. Just because something is different doesn't always mean it isn't better. If that was the case, we would still be walking out back to the well pump to draw water, a bit further out back to relieve ourselves and reading by candlelight.

As for navigation being a sticking point, I fail to see what is different. There are links in the NavBar, same as before. There is a breadcrumb below the NavBar, same as before. There is a forumjump dropdown menu below each thread, same as before. All the same elements are in all the same locations. If you can give us an idea of what you are having difficulty navigating to, we'll be more than happy to help you.

I appreciate your honesty and I understand you have concerns. If you simply find it impossible to adapt to the Invision structure, we will certainly miss your participation on this site. But we have always made it a policy to not hold anyone here against their will.

For those of you that are checking out all the new features, look in the upper-right corner. There, next to your username, is a dropdown arrow. Click on that one and you will find menus to all your various account control options. Private Messages will be found in your Messenger. Visit your Profile and you will find several menus there, including the set-up for your photo gallery access.

And believe me, no one will be happier when everything is buttoned up on our new skin. That red logo looks like ass against the blue and green. :puke:

I also used the blue on the old site and will use it here. Red just isn't as pleasing to my eyes! It took me some time to be able to move around the site but I am slow when it comes to computers. Mike, thanks for keeping this site ALIVE!!

There was color options on the old format? Never noticed... I'm here for information and association. I wish I knew how to do cool logos, I'd volunteer to help. It would have a picture of VegasBruce's Becky. :thumb:

Is there a button to turn on where people are located? Maybe it is just me, but I like knowing if a guy in in New Zealand or local.

Is there a button to turn on where people are located? Maybe it is just me, but I like knowing if a guy in in New Zealand or local.

Each user need to go to the upper right hand corner where their screen name is. There's drop down arrow, click on it and go to "My Settings" , once there select the Profile tab. At the bottom of the screen there's a section called Other Information with a field for location. Fill that out and it put your location on your posts.

There was color options on the old format? Never noticed... I'm here for information and association. I wish I knew how to do cool logos, I'd volunteer to help. It would have a picture of VegasBruce's Becky. :thumb:

Thanks JB, but do you realize she'll never have fenders? :puke:

Okay. It seems to be running slow for me. I'll give it a day or two. Maybe it's my computer.

This new forum kicks a$$. I had mixed feelings but once I installed firefox it allowed me to see it for what it really is. Compared to the old forum this one is better in many ways.

Way to go Mike, I hope this forum works out better for you at the Tbucketeers world headquarters.

Mike

Okay, it seems to be working on my lap top, but I'll need time to get used to this new layout.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back