Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

LS1 Air Cleaner?

Gary49

I realize that just about everyone on this forum is running a conventional small block Chevy. I have an LS1 and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do for an air cleaner. All of the ones I see advertised are over to the side. (K&N) I need to have the air sensors for the motor to perform correctly.
Any ideas will be appreciated. I may trade for a small block. :confused:
Thanks,
Gary49

The problem is, there's no carburetor on a LS motor. I need the long tube for the mass air flow sensor. I might make a call to K&N and ask their opinion.
Thanks,
Gary

The problem is, there's no carburetor on a LS motor. I need the long tube for the mass air flow sensor. I might make a call to K&N and ask their opinion.
Thanks,
Gary
When TPI was a thing, I dabbled in transplanting them into things not intended for them. I had to be pretty creative at times. sometimes you can relocate sensors to accommodate need. There are numerous sources for air ducting, I found going shopping at salvage yards to be a good source as there are numerous variations. Don't limit yourself to GM, all manufacturers use similar systems. One thing to pay attention to if you have to relocate sensors is the impedance of the wires. The wires are resistors, so extending or shortening them changes their value. Some systems are more sensitive to this than others, it can be done, changing wire gauge and type as well as adding specific resistors, etc can help get the job done. I'm not up on the LS stuff, I bet there are some books out there to help.

Thanks Fletcherson,, I took your tip and went there and it looks like they may be able to help. Thanks again for the heads up.
Gary49

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back