Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Trailer Tire Monitoring System

I was told today that Rick (indycars) had to turn around on his way to the Nationals this week and has had emergency surgery on his right eye and is not in the best of shape......so it might be right nice to let him know we are on his side.......Get Well and get back to doing what you do best we need your help sometimes.....................See you in Artesia in Sept........
Wishing Rick the best. Thanks for the heads up.
Get well soon indy cars!
Went and saw Rick. He’s in good spirits just taking it easy and waiting for his eye to return to normal.
Thanks guys for the kind words !!!

On July Thursday 7th I received a shot in the right eye to inject a steroid pellet that would dissolve slowing so I wouldn't have to use drops every hour for swelling in the back of the eye which was blurring my vision. I left for Bowling Green on Sunday July 10th and though it was the driving into the sun the was bothering my right eye. When I got to the hotel on the east side of Memphis, I covered my good eye and couldn't see the fingers on my hand. That's when I got worried and call the doctor and got his answering service, but the doctor called me back shortly. I had two options, I could go to the emergency room in Memphis or return to OKC. So my son and I got up a 4am and returned to OKC on Monday July 11th and made it to the doctor's office by 2pm. The doctor said the eye was infected, so we walked across the street to the surgery center and I had emergency surgery at 5:30pm that day. Before receiving the shot I was told there was a 1 in 2000 chance of infection. Guess I must have been his 2000's !

I had my 3rd appointment today since the surgery and believe it or not it much better, I'm seeing 20/2400 in the right eye. I can see the chart on the wall with One letter. That's much better than the first day after the surgery when I couldn't the tech waving her hand 6 inches from my face. LOL !!! The doctor said the healing process is going to takes months, not weeks to complete. Time will tell how much vision I get back.

Again I appreciate the words of thought !

Wow, that is scary. I am happy all is going your way now. :) I abused my contacts so bad that I went blind in my distance eye for about 3 weeks. A good eye doctor treated it, and said it was a 50/50 chance of working. I got lucky and it worked. No more contacts for me.

Thanks for the update, Rick. We've been worried and praying for you. The prayers will continue for a complete recovery. What about driving the bucket? Would that be considered a form of therapy??? :rolleyes::D

PS - Prayers for your nurse, Sue Ann also. Be nice to her!

I abused my contacts so bad that I went blind in my distance eye for about 3 weeks. A good eye doctor treated it, and said it was a 50/50 chance of working. I got lucky and it worked. No more contacts for me.
Yikees, that's not good either! Never wanted contacts myself.

Thanks for the update. We've been worried and praying for you. The prayers will continue for a complete recovery.
Thanks Spanky !

What about driving the bucket? Would that be considered a form of therapy??? :rolleyes::D
Not sure about that at this point, I wouldn't see much coming from my right. I looked to see about the vision test for the DMV, near as I can tell there might be a restricted license by speed, time of day etc.

Thanks again guys, it's greatly appreciated !!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back