Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Lurker from OH

Saying hi.

My T is something my dad built when I was 2. He sold it immediately after getting it titled.
Long story short: 40 years later, it's back & mine now. I'm still straightening out little things from the hackasaurus that last owned it, but luckily no major changes to it for the most part. A fine example is the upside down lamps in my avatar pic. o_O

I haven't really had any questions to join in yet, although I may be hitting up CCR for some windshield help soon.

-Karri

1972:
user80530_pic474763_1374000452.jpg

Welcome from a former NE Ohio resident, Canfield to be exact.

Jim

Welcome from New Hampshire. That a great feeling getting a family project back to a family member:thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois Karri.

Thanks for all the welcomes & thanks for the offer, Frank!

I can remember my dad over the years stopping by & asking the guy if he could by it back, w/ no luck. I think I was more disappointed than he was each time. It's not going anywhere now. Even the few last months of summer I've had it on the road, I've had inquiries about selling...NO, it's something my dad built & I'm keeping it. This car was built from the plans in Car Craft magazine in the late 60's...I think it was a series that ran from Sep '68 thru Feb w/ a full feature. I keep meaning to look into it a bit more. I know the body was out of Cleveland, no idea the name.

I really hope to get a bit more involved in the hot rod scene, not much interest in car clubs as of now. I kind of want to hang out & maybe hit some meets. I intend for the T to be a driver, not a full-blown show car by any means. I had a muscle car out of high school & was involved in sport compacts as well as others over the past 20 years, but I am SO HAPPY to have this car back now.

I'm in Vienna, not too far from the Youngstown airport.

Thanks for all the welcomes & thanks for the offer, Frank!

I can remember my dad over the years stopping by & asking the guy if he could by it back, w/ no luck. I think I was more disappointed than he was each time. It's not going anywhere now. Even the few last months of summer I've had it on the road, I've had inquiries about selling...NO, it's something my dad built & I'm keeping it. This car was built from the plans in Car Craft magazine in the late 60's...I think it was a series that ran from Sep '68 thru Feb w/ a full feature. I keep meaning to look into it a bit more. I know the body was out of Cleveland, no idea the name.

I really hope to get a bit more involved in the hot rod scene, not much interest in car clubs as of now. I kind of want to hang out & maybe hit some meets. I intend for the T to be a driver, not a full-blown show car by any means. I had a muscle car out of high school & was involved in sport compacts as well as others over the past 20 years, but I am SO HAPPY to have this car back now.

I'm in Vienna, not too far from the Youngstown airport.

I know the area very well. As a matter of fact there are direct flights from the Youngstown Airport to Sanford, Florida airport which is right outside of Orlando where all the attractions are located.

Jim

Yup! I think they've been running decent deals lately too for around $45 ea way. I wish they had more location options, it would be nice to roll out of bed into the airport in a matter of minutes instead of driving an hour to Pittsburgh/Cleve.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back