Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Made it to my first Cruise-In Sunday

Weather was perfect for my shakedown run. Everything seemed to run well, except the model A rear spring being a little stiff. I even made it back home too. :rolleyes:
Cruise.jpg

Cool
hoist.gif

Wish I could say it was fun. I was more of a nervous wreck having fabricated everything, I was constantly feeling it out for any problems. I'l get comfortable with it after a few more runs though.

Wish I could say it was fun. I was more of a nervous wreck having fabricated everything, I was constantly feeling it out for any problems. I'l get comfortable with it after a few more runs though.

smile.gif
Lookin' good!! Since you've shaken it down, you should bring it over to Indy this weekend for Goodguys!! Unfortunately, I won't be there as I have to go to Minnesota for family business :(

Weather was perfect for my shakedown run. Everything seemed to run well, except the model A rear spring being a little stiff. I even made it back home too. :rolleyes:
Cruise.jpg

Congrats and well done. I wish it was me on my first ride. Worries and everything
Gerry

Cruise.jpg
Looks like the weather was beautiful, the car ran well, what more could you ask for ? Are you of average size ? That bucket seems to be very roomy.

John

Looks like the weather was beautiful, the car ran well, what more could you ask for ? Are you of average size ? That bucket seems to be very roomy.

John
Yea, 6 foot tall. I have tractor seat pans mounted directly to the floor, pretty roomy. I'd like to make a ragtop for it soon.

Looking good no police problems like you where a little worried(Exhaust) about earlier. Surprisingly cops just look and let us go.

Looking good no police problems like you where a little worried(Exhaust) about earlier. Surprisingly cops just look and let us go.
I did drive past two police cars on Main street in Peoria as I went by. Unfortunately, I was climbing up a hill and the exhaust was pretty loud - not like I could coast by. I thought for sure one was going to get me pulled over, but they left me alone (probably in disbelief?). I do need to quiet that thing down a touch though.

The best way to prove things out is by driving her and as you were doing, pay close attention to all that is happening, and then check her all over when you get home, lose bolts and brake fittings, etc. Glad you had no problems first time out. :) Drive it lots...

I have worked with a Dodge body (very simular) and they are a bit wider.

Ron

Very well done. I like the way you set in it. Nice stance ,flames and wind screen is very cool. lots of hand fab work. I like it, anyone can buy everything they need from speedway the hand fab work sets you apart. GREAT job.

Very well done. I like the way you set in it. Nice stance ,flames and wind screen is very cool. lots of hand fab work. I like it, anyone can buy everything they need from speedway the hand fab work sets you apart. GREAT job.
Thanks, the whole car was designed around sitting "in it" and not on it. I didn't want to be hunched over the steering wheel. The only drawback to fab work is overengineering components out of fear of failure. Hopefully, this thing is a tank. I think I got a little carried away boxing things in, etc.

I think it looks great. I wish I sat that low in my car. I had to laugh about the "what size are you question" because I was thinking the exact same thing. Whose body is it that you have that much leg room?

True, I'm going to look into that also. :jh:
I myself would fix the springs so it rides great (ft.& Rear) even with a hard seat, then soften up the seat for even more comfort... The stiff springs will just hurt the rest of the chassis and body, things will start falling apart in time, trust me, I know... What you want to end up with is RIDE = disconnect your shocks, stand in the middle of your body and bounce up and down, the whole chassis should move up and down (even both ft. and rear)like a baby carriage, if not, the springs still need reworking till that happens, then reconnect the shocks to tame it back down... This is what any stock good riding car will do... NOTE: make sure you have rubber travel stops so as not to cause U Joint failure when it works real good...:)

I think it looks great. I wish I sat that low in my car. I had to laugh about the "what size are you question" because I was thinking the exact same thing. Whose body is it that you have that much leg room?
That angle does make it look like my legs must be sawed off at the knees. Length is plenty, but I had to carve a foot roost in the trans hump for my gas pedal.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back