Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Master cylinder mounting holes

Mungo 03

Is anyone here building a Speedway T? I need the location on the frame to drill holes for the master cylinder.According to the handy dandy builders handbook the frame should have holes already drilled and sleeved however mine does not.Any help would be appreciated Thanks!

Hi Mungo I have a speedway chassis and will try to help. What dimension would you like specifically as a reference poin? My body is already on but I will try to get what you want.

If you haven't seen it, this is a pretty good video for Speedway assembly . . .

Not sure if all their kits are 4 link in front with a panhard and triangulated 4 link in the rear, but it sure looks well thought out on this one.

Be sure to sleeve for the MC bracket bolts and not just bolt it thru the frame. Their tech support may be able to give you some helpful info as well, so be sure to give them a call.

They look so pretty when they are brand new and everything is nice and clean. The chrome is bright and there are no chips in the paint.Then you drive them for a number of years and then they begin to show their age. Just like me!

I've never kept one long enough for that to happen. 2 years max is the longest I've kept one so far. I tend to get tired of them quickly and want to move on to the next project. When the right price is offered I mark it sold.

Mungo, you may already have this picture, it's all I could find on Speedway's master cylinder location.

Attachments

• IMG_1995.jpg
    IMG_1995.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 47
Are the mounting hole center distances rather standard? For instance all Fords or Chevys. The reason I ask is I have a single reservoir master cylinder and am thinking to go with a duel for safety sake and wondering how much trouble that would be. I know I'll have to change some brake lines. Just wondering about the mounting.

Should be a bolt up deal. Maybe have to change or adjust the push rod length. Lines should be real simple to cut and splice back to dual.
You might measure your mounting bolt pattern, then go to parts store and doing more measuring just to be safe.

There are 2 bolt & 3 bolt m/ C's , I'm guessing there's also variations on measuring within the 2 , there are also m\c's with outlets on both sides ; one or the other or both , watch out for Ford as they have some funky fittings ..

Right 2old2fast. I wasn't thinking about the 3 hole or vertical mounts. Seems that most modern cylinders that are horizontal mounts are 3.25, perhaps 3.18 centers, Ford or Chev

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to have to crawl under and measure.
I just replaced it this past summer due to a leak and then threw out the old one.
Some times you do things too quickly.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back