Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Mico Master

hotrodman

Anybody remember the Mico master cylinder? They were popular in the 70's fad Ts (I kept all the old magazines). They were very small yet had some sort of "two-stage valving" that had a boost effect. Three hole triangle style mounting. Builders using them included Jay Orberg (Mr. Roadster), Dan Woods (Contemporary Carriage Works), and Specialty Cars. Where are they now? They seemed like a great way to go- worked with discs too. Anyone using one or had any experience with them? Or do I need a time machine?

they're kinda spendy. a '67 mustang master works just as good for $40 from NAPA.

Ron

hotrodman said:
Thank's Todd for the website for Mico- they're sending me info!

No problem, Google makes me look smarter than I am.:think:

I think the reason you might not see them much any more is that as Youngster mentioned, the Mustang units work so well (among others), are cheap and available at any auto parts store if yours goes south on you.

I also see some people running boosters on their buckets, but I have never seen the need. Even with '40 Ford brakes on the front and S10's on the rear, my T stops like right now with hardly any pedal pressure. Things are tight under the floor anyway, so I don't know where one would go if I did want one.

Don

"...a '67 mustang master works just as good for $40 from NAPA."

Is the '67 mustang master cylinder a two-reservoir? If so, will it bolt in place of the one-reservoir "fruit jar"?

Track T-4 said:
"...a '67 mustang master works just as good for $40 from NAPA."

Is the '67 mustang master cylinder a two-reservoir? If so, will it bolt in place of the one-reservoir "fruit jar"?

Yes, I believe it is and will. You will just need to adjust the hard lines since there are 2 and come out the side.