Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Miss Behavin' for sale....

Fred,
I'm fairly new here, but I read your build thread and feel like I know you a little. All good advice above. Do whatever you can to hang onto your baby.

Remember, the easiest thing in the world to finance is a new car. How many commercials do you hear that say something like "everyone who has a job is automatically approved" or something like that? How 'bout those ads that say "push it in, pull it in, we'll give you $X,000 in trade"? If you can't get that derelict Ford fixed, drag it in somewhere with one of those deals and put Mom in something economical like a Hyundai or Kia. They're cheap, reliable, and good for 200,000 miles...

Good luck!

Fred.. Let your Mom use Miss B to pick up the kids! What a stir that would cause at their school!

Ron

Fred... Let your Mom Use Miss 'B' to pick up the kids from school. What a stir that would cause. Before long she would be known as "The Little Ol' Lady from Houston".

Ron

Push pull andrag sales are a scam. A buddy did that and came home to figure the truck he bought was higher priced than any comparable truck by almost the amount they gave on the sale.

Good news!

Well, I was able to get my mom a new car. I ended up going with a Nissan Sentra. 4 doors, 33 MPG and a 100,000 mile/6 year warranty. My boss advanced me the money I needed.

As for my moms old car? Well, it seems it's not a cracked head or a head gasket. The new manifold my mechanic installed was defective and allowing coolant to leak. I was able to swap it at the auto parts store for a new one. Things should be okay and my mechanic is going to let me pay it off in installments.

So, my mom is happy and stress free, I can sleep at night and Miss Behavin' smiles tonight. I want to thank everyone for their concern and letting me rant and worry. You guys are my extended family and I really needed to get out what was troubling me. For that, I really thank you.

I have enjoyed reading of both the construction and adventures of Miss Behavin. It would have been a real shame to lose her! Very glad things have worked out for you and your girls.

Don't ever forget we're here for you Fred. That is one of the coolest things about this site.

Ron

Don't you ever let those bad " For Sale " ideas get in your head again !!! :lol:

Thats great it all worked out. That Sentra should last forever.

Great news! I'm glad it all worked out.

The Nissan is a good choice. I have a 1991 Nissan Sentra that I bought new in 1991. It has 194,000 miles on it now; my son uses it to go to & from work (45 miles away). The interior is worn, the headliner is missing, the paint is shot, and the CD player quit working, but everything else still works. The A/C blows cold, the cruise control works, and it still doesn't use any oil between changes. I have given it regular oil changes and replaced front brake pads when needed. Other repairs over the years have been minimal (CV joints, water pump, etc.).

Your boss obviously trusts you and likes your work-ethic and attitude. Good news all around...:lol:

Thanks guys! Well, the mechanic got my moms car fixed. Seems the replacement manifold was bad. Damn thing runs good. So, I'm gonna sell my daily (96 Buick LeSabre 4 DR) and keep her car. Personally, I think she still has a spot in her heart for it, even if it's been a pain in the but this year. So, it will be cool that it's still around. But how can I resist? It's a '98 Crown Vic with only 53,000 miles on it and now it runs great!? My mom is the little old lady from Pasadena personified!:rolleyes:

Things are gonna be tight for a bit because I have to pay the mechanic off and settle with my boss, but all in all, it's worth it. She's getting too up in the years to be sweating car stuff. I stopped by her house to see her after work and she was showing it off to a neighbor lady.:lol: Women.

Now jump in miss behavin and drive. It is probably a little cooler than earlier my garden froze the last two nights. I live by a cranberry bog they had 30 this morning and 17 yesterday morning I only had 29 yesterday morning. Tonight they are only talking 53 for a low. So enjoy your weather.

Sale Miss Behavin !!!!:eek::eek:
I hope she squirts oil on your foot the next time you walk past her,
Glad it all worked out for you ....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back