Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Moving south

WMG

The better half and I have sold our house in PA. March 1st we will be residents of SC., just below Charlotte in Lancaster area. Know there are a couple of car clubs around there but wondering if there are any "T"'s around the area.

Congrats on the move- that us a nice area with fairly mild climate in thee winter

Congrats on the move- that us a nice area with fairly mild climate in thee winter
your right. just looked up the temps for this week and supposed to be in the mid 50's. Currently visiting my daughter in Alberta Canada. When we got to the airport in Edmonton was 5 below F but with a 30mph wind, really know now why I moved, get older and winter is just not as much fun as it used to be. Did I say fun? Must be freezing up.

Hey Mike,

Some of us are messed up that way and actually ENJOY snow and cold. :confused:

Other than being part of the taxatopia of the east coast, I enjoyed my short time in North Carolina around Charlotte. But I missed my son more than I enjoyed the milder climate.

Talk about taxatopia Pa is raising the state gas tax $.40 over the next 5 years and enacting a $5.00 per year tax on all recreational vehicles (travel trailers, 4 wheelers, boats ect) Many items already taxed with highway use fees (license plates). As for South Carolina I lived there for 4 years, winters are great summers can get a little hot and sticky. Still take it over snow and ice. Good luck in your move and new home.

Wayne,
We're going to miss hanging out with you and Gloria at the York NSRA meet in June. Ed and I will have to find some new recruits to party with. Good luck with the move south.

You're going to love Lancaster, It's my hometown. Also close to a lot there like York,Rock Hill,Charlotte,Pageland there is a 1/8 mile dragstrip there, Darlington Nascar and a 1/4 Mile strip there,Columbia. It has changed a lot in 35 years but it still a small town. They have Auto Fair in Charlotte 2 times a year, Goodguys also.

Wayne,
We're going to miss hanging out with you and Gloria at the York NSRA meet in June. Ed and I will have to find some new recruits to party with. Good luck with the move south.

Bruce, we've been talking still might come up to York depends on what the move in time to our new house is, they are supposed to start building it right after the first of the year. Will let you know for sure later.

My wife and I were lucky enough to spend winters in Texas for several years, now we just stay in the rust belt. I sure miss being on the gulf and spending winter morning with a cup of coffee watching the Shrimp Boats go out.

Wayne,
Made my York hotel reservations yesterday. Would be great if you could make it.

Talk about taxatopia Pa is raising the state gas tax $.40 over the next 5 years and enacting a $5.00 per year tax on all recreational vehicles (travel trailers, 4 wheelers, boats ect) Many items already taxed with highway use fees (license plates). As for South Carolina I lived there for 4 years, winters are great summers can get a little hot and sticky. Still take it over snow and ice. Good luck in your move and new home.

Taxtopia is right, my property tax will go down about 65%, same size house but lot is 40% smaller, going with mow and blow so I can watch the work being done with a cold beer in my hand after a relaxing ride in the bucket to the golf course.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back