Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My '27 as a Photo Prop

jmel

Took some senior photos of my wifes Nephew earlier this year. Just recently got around to editing them. Spent a few dollars and a bit of time building the car, figured i'd use it for something other than annoying neighbors - so i put it to use as a photoprop.

His hair has more of a military inspiration, but throw in some hair on his chin and some tats, and i think he might fit in with the rat-rod/traditional crowd.

On another note...there's no way i looked that young when i was a senior. I swear i looked older than that in middle school. That...or i'm getting old and everybody under 20 looks like a baby.

1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg

Took some senior photos of my wifes Nephew earlier this year. Just recently got around to editing them. Spent a few dollars and a bit of time building the car, figured i'd use it for something other than annoying neighbors - so i put it to use as a photoprop.

His hair has more of a military inspiration, but throw in some hair on his chin and some tats, and i think he might fit in with the rat-rod/traditional crowd.

On another note...there's no way i looked that young when i was a senior. I swear i looked older than that in middle school. That...or i'm getting old and everybody under 20 looks like a baby.

[attachment=5209:1.jpg]
[attachment=5210:2.jpg]
[attachment=5211:4.jpg]
Very nice looking car! I like the backdrop as well. where were those pics taken?

Very nice looking car! I like the backdrop as well. where were those pics taken?

Thanks,
There's an old steel mill in Dallas. I've found that it makes a great backdrop for portrait sessions. Will make even a better backdrop for my car when i get around to taking it out there. C'mooooooon Spring!!!!

In all honesty it looks awesome. The whole look and theme screams OLD SCHOOL. Think about it back in the day they didn't have lots of Tats or long hair. They looked and dressed the way he did. I like it. Awesome job. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Thow in a little more bacl and white color and some faded tinting and I'll swear it was taken in the late 50's early 60's.

In all honesty it looks awesome. The whole look and theme screams OLD SCHOOL. Think about it back in the day they didn't have lots of Tats or long hair. They looked and dressed the way he did. I like it. Awesome job. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Thow in a little more bacl and white color and some faded tinting and I'll swear it was taken in the late 50's early 60's.

Again...thanks!!! Thats exactly the look i was going for with both the car & the photographs...love it when people see and agree with my vision. It almost kills me that i have a semi-modern engine in that car. I really would like it to be true old-school - straight out of the 50's/60's, including drive-train. Only thing that would make me happier with this car is dropping a flat-head or an old Olds engine in it just to make it truly period correct. Hell, just for starters, i'd be happy with the some two-barrells to at least give the modern SBC an old time feel.

This one won't change much. I'm going to keep the car more or less as is, just with a few upgrades or modifications here and there. My wife is wanting a lead-sled, specifically 50-54 Chevy 2-door with airbags, and possibly even chopped. Thats too new for my taste, but the next car is hers. Once I get that, i'm going back to old-school. I think a model A coupe or pickup is going to be MY next car....complete with flathead if i have any say (or money). But in the mean time, i'm absolutely in love with my little bucket. Don't see myself EVER selling it, even to fund another build. Just wish winter would hurry up and end so i can enjoy it again. Still drive it, but less enjoyable when its 45 degrees outside.

Those are some cool pics. We did the same thing for my daughters grade 8 grad. We didn't have the cool background but some trees worked well.

DSC01706.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back