Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My current project.

Wow, I've really been neglecting this thread. I forgot I had even started it.:geek: I've made some progress since I last posted anything, like building the floor and tunnel inside the cab and building a new bed out of 18 gauge steel. Today we rolled it out into the sunshine for the first time so we could decide if the proportions and bed height were ok. I think it is going to be ok as it sits, so now I can start making the internal framework for the bed and making a floor for it. I still have to make 4 stake pockets for each corner of the bed too.

Anyway, here are some pictures from today.

myrpuoutside022.jpg

myrpufloordone002.jpg
myrpuoutside017.jpg

Don

It looks like you are well on your way to having another winner, Don. I can't wait to see it finished!

Jim

Thanks, Jim. Do those front drums look familiar ? I am using the spindles and brakes I got from you. They were just what I needed to complete my front end. :D

Don

Wow that floor is clean enough to eat off of:)
I was in love with your T, I think I'm going to like this more.
Nice work, I saw a bit more of your workmanship on the other site.:thumbsup:
Steve

Thanks, Jim. Do those front drums look familiar ? I am using the spindles and brakes I got from you. They were just what I needed to complete my front end. :D

Don

I'm glad to see that you could use them, Don. They look a lot better on you car than laying in the garage at our place. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you'll be using the dropped axle on also.

Jim

P.S. Is that one of the trim rings that I see on the rear wheel?

Looks nice. What kind of bead roller do you use for the 18 ga? I have a Mitler Bros, it works well on 20 ga. but I can't seem to find 18 ga where I live. 16 ga is too thick and the MB unit will barely do it. They have a motor upgrade but it is a few bucks more than I want to spend right now. ;)

Jim, yep, I forgot about getting the trim rings from you. I am thinking of running only them instead of the Olds hubcaps I planned on using. I think they look more hot roddy than full hubcaps, but before it is all over I will probably snap the caps back on just to make sure.

Thanks, Jay. That Mitler roller is a nice one. Ours is a ProTools electric powered one, and I love it. I recently added a platform I made out of wood that really makes it so much easier to control the piece you are doing. I was able to do all the beads myself and actually roll a straight bead for a change.
beadrollertabledone006.jpg

I also made a guide fence for it out of some angle iron and that helps keep the sheet metal moving in a straight line too.

beadrollerfence007.jpg

I made the fence adjustable so you can move it up and back, and I put two adjustment bolts on it so I have infinite adjustment to square it up to the rollers.

beadrollerfence005.jpg

Don

Perfect timing, I was about to ask you how you were doing that.
Ok maybe a short video of you rolling some tin please.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back