Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the T-Bucket Forums discussions? Then sign up for a free forum account, today!

Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Dismiss Notice
Thank you for visiting the T-Bucket Forums! This site was created in 2006, to provide enthusiasts with a place to discuss T-Buckets. Over the years, there have been many imitators, but this is the T-Bucket resource you have been looking to find. We encourage you to register a FREE account and join in on the discussions.

My drums

Discussion in 'Brakes' started by skinny mike, Oct 5, 2018.

1. skinny mike

skinny mike
    Expand Collapse
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

retired.
    A surprise. Hadn't looked at my rears cuz I didn't want to see another problem but, yesterday I pulled a drum ( could get to only one). GM rear off of something, some year, don't know. The drum and shoes are in surprisingly good condition. Very dirty and dry, so have to do some cleaning. Done a million Mopars, years ago. GM ,not so many so, guess I better take pics so I can put em back together. Has the E brake hardware and a stub of cable. So...E brake added to my loooong list. Gotta win the lottery! Oh, years ago we used to put a light smear of lithium grease on the backingplate rubbing pads.. Guess here in New Mexico, dusty, not such a good idea so figure on polishing the wear surfaces. Whew! Long winded!