Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My first T build.

Update. Looks like my plans have changed slightly for my engine. I recently bought a new truck. My old truck was a 1996 Silverado with a 350. It has some valve train rattle when you first start it but it has good oil pressure and runs strong. I can install a new cam and heads which I already happen to have and use that instead of my big block and save myself thousands getting this thing on the road. The big block needs a full rebuild where as I can freshen the top end of this small block and be good to go. I can build the big block later at my leisure. I don't see a down side to this.

Well the T is officially a roller today! Got the spindles cleaned up, steering arms and caliper brackets bolted on after some fitting, and the loaner wheels bolted on. This weekend I'll roll it outside for some pics. Bolted the transmission in as well so I need to trim the firewall and set the body back on before the photo shoot. Decided to stick with the bigblock Chevy.

Rolled it outside for some pics. What do yall think? The front is about where it should be when all the weight is up there since the tires measure 24 inches tall and I plan on running 25 inch tires. The back will be about an inch higher for the same reason
20150813_105352.jpg
. [URL=http://s59.photobucket.com/user/civiliansoldier/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150813_105400.jpg.html][/URL]
[URL=http://s59.photobucket.com/user/civiliansoldier/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150813_105453.jpg.html][/URL]

Looking good. Is the green going to be the color? A little orange and blue striping would look good on that.
Lee

I have some House of Kolor Candy brandywine left over that I will probably use for the body. The base coat is black so I'll spray that and then lay out the flames and paint them with the candy midcoat then finally clear over the whole thing. That is a ways off from now though!

I like the proportions and stance.

Looks good. Puts a whole new perspective on it when its sitting outside.:thumbsup:

That is why I always tell everyone to get it outside and stand back a ways. That way you get a very good perspective on how it really looks. You can't get that info by just looking at in the garage.

Jim

Hello everyone. Been a while since I posted. Been busy with life. In all this time haven't done squat to the car. I'm kind of stuck while I save for a new welder. Anyway nothing has changed. Just wanted to say hi.

Great to hear from you, smokey! Hang in there, and just keep the dream alive. It took me an embarrassingly long time to finish mine, but I'm glad I didn't give up. It's a blast to finally drive something that you've built in your head a zillion times. :D:laugh::thumbsup:

Hello everyone. Been a while since I posted. Been busy with life. In all this time haven't done squat to the car. I'm kind of stuck while I save for a new welder. Anyway nothing has changed. Just wanted to say hi.
I'm in limbo too... stuff happens. I've been busier than a two peckered hound dog, but on seemingly everything but my projects.... stay with it, it will be there when you get back to it.

Hey, $#!+ happens.:rolleyes: I built my first C-Cab in 11 months and my coupe in a year and 8 months, but it took me 7 years to finish the T!:confused: Life just kept getting in the way. I bought the frame for the 32 I'm building in March of 2016 and didn't get to hit a lick on it until December. It's finally a rolling chassis with an engine now, but progress is painfully slow... and I'm retired!! Seems like there is always something demanding my time. One thing I do is I try to do something project related every day. Even if it's just looking up the price and availability of a part I know I'm going to need later. I can make notes of what where, how much, etc. That keeps the project at the forefront of my mind and helps to keep me on track. Don't give up - you'll get there.;)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back