Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My parts list so far

OK I finaly started on this thing, I installed my Model A rear cross member here are a few pic's..
IMG_3815-1.jpg

Started here...

IMG_3816-1.jpg

added a little more steel to finish the look..

IMG_3822.jpg

Ground it down and finished it out.(Also welded the underside and installed a gusset)

IMG_3820.jpg

another angle

IMG_3819.jpg

Finished product..

41c0_2-1.jpg

Also changed my mind on the wheel's going with these all the way around Mid 30's Plymouth Artillery wheel's.. Need to more if anybody has any

Thanks for the update. You do really good work. There's a swapmeet I'm going to Sunday, I'll keep an eye out for the wheels.

Those A rear cross members are a natural for a modified. If you were to add a gusset to the inside and add the outer 3" of the pieces you cut off, it would look like this:

OK... I've been thinkin'...scarey I know... I don't know what you're planning for tail lights but here's some food for thought. A pair of '32 lights on the '32 stands would look bitchin' off to the sides of the rails at the xmember. Just a wild brain fart.

Ron

Nice job on the cross member. :cool: But man thats a lot of grinding dust on the floor. :D

I don't have any but my brother is into '32 Fords. I can ask him to look around if you like.

Ron

Fronts 450-16

Rears 750-16

Just picked them up last week, cannot wait to pop them on the rim's....I need to come up with a paint scheme real soon, so I can get my rims ready...I'm scouring my saved pictures, photo albums the web looking at old Sprint Cars, Indy Roadster's looking for a racey vintage scheme.. So far the wife likes Porshe Red with Shoreline Biege (early vette dash color) read body reverse scallop on the front with biege wheel's and engine... I'm so done with read my last 3 bikes I built were red (got a killer deal on mis-tints at the local paint shop), But I have to admit I think it will look good.. Any Ideas?Not like I am painting anytime soon, I'm still in mock up but I need an Idea so I can paint the wheel's...Ryan

I don't like to pick a paint scheme in mock up. It's kinda like sayin' our new baby is gonna be named Sue no matter if it's a boy or a girl. I like to wait 'til the car tells me want color it wants to be.

Ron

Youngster said:
I don't like to pick a paint scheme in mock up. It's kinda like sayin' our new baby is gonna be named Sue no matter if it's a boy or a girl. I like to wait 'til the car tells me want color it wants to be.

Ron
What a cool comment. I've been sitting here beating my head against the wall trying to decide on color and you've now made it much easier.

I've been building this car in my head for years, But never been set on paint, I've kicked around all Black everything black.. But I have always build all my project around color scheme's.. It usually work's for me. I'm the kinda guy that like's to have all my I's dotted and T's crossed before I ever turn a wrench, thats why this build is totally differnt, cause I am using parts as I find them, totally out of character for me..But nothing is set in stone, maybe I will prime the wheel's and settle on a color latter...Tommorow is another day..

I originially thought of all black myself, but I am leaning toward something like a dark red, nothing too bright.

You did a real nice job on that rear crossmember, and I think black would almost hide it....might be something you'd want to accentuate with color.

I never really know what color my car will be until I walk into the paint store and plop down my money, then I am committed. Like Youngster said, the car will tell you how it wants to be as the build progresses.:)

Don

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back