Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

I FINALLY GOT MY ENGINE IN THE SAME BUILDING WITH MY PROJECT. I already have a pair of SKIP WHITE aluminum heads installed on the long block. The engine is a 327 c.i.d from a 1968 Caprice. The engine is rebuilt.

s-l1600 (2).jpg I just purchased my 4th steering column (trying to find one that will work). The 4th one is designed for GM trucks.The 1st 3 are tilt style columns designed for passenger cars. The tilt section of the 3 columns is too wide for my perticular application. The 4th column is also a tilt style ( the tilt section is contoured different). It also doesn't have an ignition switch attached to the 2" o.d column.

Last edited:
I cut out 1 1/2" squares & began covering the snake's head. I used 3/4 ounce fiberglass mat. The photos show the snake's head with the first layer of 3/4 ounce mat. I plan to apply 4 layers.DSCN1613.JPG DSCN1618.JPG DSCN1619.JPG DSCN1620.JPG I plan to attach the snake's heads over the rectangular holes located above the windshield motors.

More progress on the snake's head. When i tried to separate the fiberglass for from the wooden form , it came off in several pieces (a big disaster). I salvaged the eye dormers & repaired the wooden form. The form is going to be installed in my dashboard. DSCN1625.JPG DSCN1626.JPG DSCN1627.JPG Here's some photos of the snake's head :

I've been busy these last few months. I' made a giant spider for my roof top. I also mounted a giant spider to my transmission cover. I installed an 07 mustang auto shifter on top of the giant spider. I added a grill on top of my hood (for heat relief) . I attached a skull to the front of my dashboard , the eyes will be my interior lights , the lights will activate when the doors are opened. Here's some photos :

Attachments

• DSCN1655.JPG
    DSCN1655.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN1656.JPG
    DSCN1656.JPG
    282.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN1657.JPG
    DSCN1657.JPG
    295.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN1658.JPG
    DSCN1658.JPG
    359.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN1659.JPG
    DSCN1659.JPG
    428.3 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN1660.JPG
    DSCN1660.JPG
    353.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN1663.JPG
    DSCN1663.JPG
    433.3 KB · Views: 18
Very interesting! I never can tell where you’re going!
The grave yard, right? Lol... I mean we’re all headed there eventually, but his bucket is going to be well dressed for the occasion! I am not being negative. I like it, love the creativity. It will never be lost in any parking lot... awesome!

I've been busy these last few months. I' made a giant spider for my roof top. I also mounted a giant spider to my transmission cover. I installed an 07 mustang auto shifter on top of the giant spider. I added a grill on top of my hood (for heat relief) . I attached a skull to the front of my dashboard , the eyes will be my interior lights , the lights will activate when the doors are opened. Here's some photos :
“Mustang shifter”.... nice. How many decades have hobbyists been using mustang shifters? As far back as I remember, the guys in my dads body shop would mention getting mustang shifters, seats, tail lights, etc for various projects. Many consider GM to be the universal design king based on the interchangeable power plant and ps pumps, alternators, etc, but the blue oval guys have a lot to be proud of too. Yeah, lots of SBC engines out there, but many 9” rearends, Mustang 2 r&p steering, etc. I applaud your creativity!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back