Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Need Help to Bypass Gov't Regs

steel boat trailer fenders for the rear and cycle fenders for the front if you have to. The law in ny was no tires sticking outside the fenders. so technically if you didnt have fenders...no worries...technically

That's an interesting play on words. I checked back with the Manitoba regs and the government didn't leave themselves open to a technicality like that.

Hey, I just picked up an October R & C and there's an article on adapting motorcycle fenders to a model A using the brake backing plates as the mounting points. I'm not big on how they cover up the inside of the tire, but it provides some good ideas.

Just went to a couple of Sunday evening rod meets here in town, talked to a bunch of guys from the street rod assn., and they're all talking nerf bars for the front too. If anyone comes across any pics, especially the nerf bar mounting, that would be great.

Does anyone have a picture of Tweety Pie or The Outlaw? If I remember right they both had nerfs on them.

Ron

Yup, that's the way I remembered 'em. They are just token bumpers anyway. You could set them up as a clamp on to get thru inspection.

Ron

What kind of cooling system would have been on the outlaw?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back