Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Need parts Machined

LumenAl

As you may know, my T is a late 60's build and I need a part machined that I can't find anywhere... My T has a VW steering box and the steering arm has a 25MM ball on it. The steering link has a "tube" if you will that attaches to the 25MM ball on the steering arm. Inside this tube are two bushings that grab each side of the ball and is held in with a plug that screws into the back of the tube and has large carter pin to secure.

SteeringLinkBushingdwg2.jpg

Here is a drawing of the part I need done... (2 each), all dimensions are in Millimeters. (Top View should say Front View)

SteeringLinkBushingdwg.jpg

here is a 3D view... (not good at 3D but you get the idea I hope).

SteeringLinkBushing.jpg

The hole that goes through is what allows the grease to travel to the ball on the steering arm...

So, hopefully I've been able to communicate what needs to be machined, anyone got the skills and tools? (I sure as heck don't)! I'm not looking for a freebie, am very willing to pay.

For future refrence Al, what you have is a Model A type tie rod end. Most of the Ford parts houses carry kits to rebuild these. They have nylon replcements now too. Sorry, should have checked this thread sooner. You probably can out further ahead with George's stuff anyway.

Ron

Youngster said:
For future refrence Al, what you have is a Model A type tie rod end. Most of the Ford parts houses carry kits to rebuild these. They have nylon replcements now too. Sorry, should have checked this thread sooner. You probably can out further ahead with George's stuff anyway.

Ron

It's kinda funny Ron, the night I made that post... I had no idea what the heck that setup was, but I knew what I needed to fix them up... the next morning George (GWB) had a post, parts made, just needed a place to send...

I later learned that as you indicated, it is a Model A tie rod end... very interesting setup. What I like about the parts George made is they have a hole for the grease to pass through to lubricate the ball on the pitman arm. The replacement parts I ordered did not have this feature but I needed the spring so worked out perfect!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back