Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New builder in FL

DirkDiggler

I am building (Re-building actually) a Total Performance T down here in Palm Beach County, FL. I am in my late thirties and working out of my two car garage.
The T is a GM 350 ZZ4 / TH 350 car with a Dana rear.
I am shooting for a more traditional nostalgic look. The only major issues so far are the rear spring cups on the old style suspension are corroded pretty bad. Otherwise it is all there.

I have some things that came with the project I do not want.
Such as:
A steel rectangle fuel tank.
Enormous 15 inch Centerline rears with Pro Trac tires and matching skinnys out front.
A complete tubular drop axle front.
A pretty nasty vinyl top.
Standard T Bucket headers with the long side pipes. ceramic coated.

I want to go with a more nostalgia look. It will be topless. I am looking to change to older styled stuff. AND chop off the pickup bed for the exposed tank look.
I could use parts such as:
A spun aluminum 11 gallon tank.
any kind of shorty windshield setup.
Some steel wheels and whitewalls.
Zoomies or Lake headers if the price is right.
New T steering wheel.
Coil overs.

I have the body off. New floors just went in. I am going to paint it and do a budget interior this month. The motor is out but done and ready to go back in. Tranny is out as well. The frame and rear end is red. I want to paint it black or silver. The harness looks healthy enough.

Anyway thats me.
Hi.

Welcome :hi: got any pics? :jester:

Hi from England.
Like the sounds of what you have in mind, now we need picture please
Gerry

Welcome to the site. I too live in Florida, Oviedo to be exact, and I think that you will really enjoy this site. There is a lot of knowledge available to you here but we really like to have pictures. One picture is worth a thousand words as they say.

Jim

I am building (Re-building actually) a Total Performance T down here in Palm Beach County, FL. I am in my late thirties and working out of my two car garage.
The T is a GM 350 ZZ4 / TH 350 car with a Dana rear.
I am shooting for a more traditional nostalgic look. The only major issues so far are the rear spring cups on the old style suspension are corroded pretty bad. Otherwise it is all there.

I have some things that came with the project I do not want.
Such as:
A steel rectangle fuel tank.
Enormous 15 inch Centerline rears with Pro Trac tires and matching skinnys out front.
A complete tubular drop axle front.
A pretty nasty vinyl top.
Standard T Bucket headers with the long side pipes. ceramic coated.

I want to go with a more nostalgia look. It will be topless. I am looking to change to older styled stuff. AND chop off the pickup bed for the exposed tank look.
I could use parts such as:
A spun aluminum 11 gallon tank.
any kind of shorty windshield setup.
Some steel wheels and whitewalls.
Zoomies or Lake headers if the price is right.
New T steering wheel.
Coil overs.

I have the body off. New floors just went in. I am going to paint it and do a budget interior this month. The motor is out but done and ready to go back in. Tranny is out as well. The frame and rear end is red. I want to paint it black or silver. The harness looks healthy enough.

Anyway thats me.
Hi.
Welcome to the best place for knowledge,ideas and friends. If you decide to sell those things you do not want, I would be interested in the enormous centerlines, maybe more.

Welcome Dirk from the sunny hills of Colorado.

You sound like a man with a plan.

We will need pictures as your project progresses.

Welcome to the forum Dirk I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your project.

Welcome, Dirk. You're gonna like it here....great site!

Bruce

Welcome from St. Cloud,Fla. :hiding:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back