Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Computer!

51Cards said:
I'll be loading Linux up today. good by Billy Boy.

51Cards,

Which distro are you going with? I've been a Linux user since 1996. I've got it running on my laptop, my main desktop, and computers down in my garage. I'm using Xbuntu (a variant of Ubuntu) on the laptop and garage computers, and a minimal install of Debian for my main machine.

With Linux, it's free! Plus there will be no more nagging/endless updates, the yearly extortion payments for virus/spyware protection, and the hassles of ridding your system of the stuff that still manages to sneak on. For me anyway, the computer just works! Imagine that for a change.

I also like the fact that I can get more use out of my older gear. Depending on the distribution you choose and how you set it up, you can run Linux on a frigging 386 with 4 megs of ram if you need to. Opps! I bet you can guess now my illness of surrounding myself with lots of old junk. :eek:

David

RexRod said:
Depending on the distribution you choose and how you set it up, you can run Linux on a frigging 386 with 4 megs of ram if you need to. Opps! I bet you can guess now my illness of surrounding myself with lots of old junk. :eek:

David
I'll be running Linux Mint Light as soon as I can get it to recognize my Motorola V3m as a modem. If I can't make that happen I'll need to figure something else out. Looks like my friendly neighborhood IT Guy can't make it till Tuesday so I'm still a microsoft slave til then.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back