Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Computer!

i have absollutly no idea what you all are talking about!!!!!!

Ron

Mike said:
Is anyone running the Windoze Seven Beta yet?.....

Just loaded Windows 7 today, have it running in a Virtual PC on XP pro. It seems to be OK....other than running it in a Virtual setting. A colleague is running in a VPC on a Vista, loves it. Next I am going to load it on my MacBook (intel) and iMac (intel) in a Virtual setup and see if I can melt it down,,,,:rofl:

Mike said:
Is anyone running the Windoze Seven Beta yet? I know a few pals are running it and it seems the overall observations are pretty positive.

Yes, its awesome... we have been testing it out for two weeks and its super sweet. I am going to load a test laptop and load every program i use at work to see how well its going to work with other programs. So far, its been very stable and the features that come along with it are phenomenal:thumbsup:.

Anybody remember party lines/ mutual of Omahas wild kingdom/ Lawrence Welk/ Laugh In/actually playing outside not playing video games all day.
This is My memory of childhood.

putz said:
Anybody remember party lines/ mutual of Omahas wild kingdom/ Lawrence Welk/ Laugh In/actually playing outside not playing video games all day.
Huel Perkins Mutual of Omaha,Rowan and Martins Laugh in.Remember the party lines and the older phones had a name for the sufix like Tyler 8700

dovehunter79 said:
Yes, its awesome... we have been testing it out for two weeks and its super sweet. I am going to load a test laptop and load every program i use at work to see how well its going to work with other programs. So far, its been very stable and the features that come along with it are phenomenal:thumbsup:.

dovehunter79,

How does it handle Auto Cad or Solidworks? I know that Vista had issues and most folks running these type programs snapped up XP Pro software in case they needed a new computer. I to am in that boat and I'll have to go buy XP Pro or take my chances with Windows Seven. I'm sure not goung to buy new software.

George

fluidfloyd said:
dovehunter79,

How does it handle Auto Cad or Solidworks? I know that Vista had issues and most folks running these type programs snapped up XP Pro software in case they needed a new computer. I to am in that boat and I'll have to go buy XP Pro or take my chances with Windows Seven. I'm sure not goung to buy new software.

George

Thats a good question, I havent even thought about CAD... I do have an older version of CAD but dont really use it. From the forums and release notes that I have read it should work fine. Windows 7 was based from XP so it has all the stability of XP just has the look and feel of Vista. That is why its suppose to run the way that it does. Vista was a total revamp of XP which wasnt near what it was suppose to be. Even without loading it and testing it I think that it should run fine with no problems.

Living here in Seattle's eastside, home to MicroSoft and to many of their employee's. I have several friends and neighbors that work at MicroSoft, they are all running windows 7 and they tell me I'm going to love it when it's "officially" released... much faster that Vista and stable...

I run AutoCAD all day long on my Vista Pro machine and works great...

LumenAl said:
I run AutoCAD all day long on my Vista Pro machine and works great...

LumenAl,

What version of AutoCad do you run? I have AutoCad 2000 and don't plan to change. Some of my friends in Fort Worth had problems with Solidworks also. I understand the later versions of these two programs are pretty much compatible with Vista, it's just the earlier stuff. XP Pro will run it and doesn't take a ton of ram for the operating system. My laptop only has 512 ram and doesn't blink an eye. I probably need to take it to 2 gigs just for solidworks and big models but right now I just don't use it that much. Still need to work with it a lot more till I'm really comfortable with it. Then I need to justify using it. But that's another day.

George

LumenAl,

Thanks for the information. I think I'll go ahead and buy a new and licensed version of XP Pro as that's way cheaper then fighting problems down the road. Cheap insurance!

George

Mike said:
Ahhh, yes, those were the days. A 300 baud modem and calling long distance to connect to CompuServe. I'm still on DSL here. I would like to step up, but I refuse to do business with the local cable provider.

Is anyone running the Windoze Seven Beta yet? I know a few pals are running it and it seems the overall observations are pretty positive.

i'm not running it, a friend i know in michigan is running it, talked to him a few times about it... hes testing it through the college hes attending.. he says they have a machine running windows 7 with a whopping 512meg of memory in it and it benchmarks comparable to a xp machine with 4 gig in it.

he says directx10 is nice for the gaming, opening up a new world of realistic gaming. he told me as soon as it was released he was buying it, no questions asked... some reason he thinks vista will be abandoned alltogether when 7 comes out.

i wish the linux world could settle down enough, to come up with 1 set linux os and bring it to the market on a commercial platform... but i guess thats the beauty of it.. i know theres crapload of versions you can get, but if they could ever settle on one ,for the common public, i think it would take off now..

putz said:

Yup, very well.

fluidfloyd said:
dovehunter79,

I to am in that boat and I'll have to go buy XP Pro or take my chances with Windows Seven. I'm sure not goung to buy new software.

George
As of today I am telling Bill Gates to Bugger Off! By this evening I will be running the new Linux O.S. OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!:lol:

Brucer said:
i'm not running it, a friend i know in michigan is running it, talked to him a few times about it... hes testing it through the college hes attending.. he says they have a machine running windows 7 with a whopping 512meg of memory in it and it benchmarks comparable to a xp machine with 4 gig in it.

Brucer,
I would like to know what type of software your friend is running. I am concerned about my old laptop taking a dive and need to get a game plan together. I have been told that new computers won't operate on XP due to motherboard design. If that is the case then I need to step up and get a new laptop that will operate on XP. I'm not sure when Windows 7 is to be released and might not be able to wait that long. Any information would be appreciated. I could arrange to furnish AutoCad 14 for a trail run.

Thanks,

George

51Cards said:
Oh boy here we go. How was my last post just moderated?

Standard stuff for new members... it's the way Moderator keeps web bots from posting all kinds of spam on the boards... (at least that is my understanding).... once you've posted x number of posts, that restriction goes away...

LumenAl said:
Standard stuff for new members... it's the way Moderator keeps web bots from posting all kinds of spam on the boards... (at least that is my understanding).... once you've posted x number of posts, that restriction goes away...

I thought it might be because I told Bill Gates where he could go but used NO 4 letter words
:lol:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back