Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New from Alabama

4chevyman

What's up tbucketeers? My name is Jeff, and I am from west Alabama. I have been thinking about building a rod for a while, and decided to go with the bucket. I've got 2 main questions: what is my best option for a cheap front axle (don't have a budget to speak of), and has anyone used an inline 6 (haven't seen any pics of one)? Thanks for having me aboard!

Welcome: This is the best site around.As for a cheap front axle--Old Ford "I" beam or even an Econoline . Use any engine you want , these cars are all different and reflect the builders ideas.

Thanks for the advice. I know where there's a junkyard back in the woods with some vintage stuff in it. Maybe I can find one there.

Welcome to the forum, I always thought it would be cool spanking bigger cars with a lightweight bucket and an inline 6.

Jeff,
If you need a inline six I have one I took out of my 53 chevy it is a 235 with 62,000 on it and the trans attached. Ran great when I took it out of the car. I went stroker in the 53. Come get it free of charge I am near Pensacola. I would like to see someone use it rather than scrap it.
Russ

What's up tbucketeers? My name is Jeff, and I am from west Alabama. I have been thinking about building a rod for a while, and decided to go with the bucket. I've got 2 main questions: what is my best option for a cheap front axle (don't have a budget to speak of), and has anyone used an inline 6 (haven't seen any pics of one)? Thanks for having me aboard!

I was thinking about a 292. That would make a little torque. I thought of something today that would have a high freak-factor, what about a small diesel engine like an Isuzu?

Hello Hello, welcome, what part of West Al. I'm down in Fairhope just east of Mobile

Hey fellow Dixicrat. I am just north of B'ham. There is a map on the site of most of the bucket guys, if you are interested in adding to the list. If you get near by and need any help or directions, give me a shout.
Welcome and hope to see you cruising.

railroad

Welcome and greetings from the snowy hills of Colorado.

Check out one of our sponsor, RPM ( Ron Pope Motorsports) for your front axle and related stuff.

I must also mention, I like the forged front axles and spindles from Chassis Engineering in Iowa.

This is a great group with tons of experience and information for those of us who are building...... as it were*

* as it were, means I do more chatting than building

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back