Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New from Norway

Panshovel

Hello! I'm living in Norway, where it have been hard to get licenced almost anything custom or amateur built without complaying to a very rigid and bureaucratic set of rules, and unbelievable high taxes on new builds.
First of january this year we got amateur building regulations, wich is supposed to make it much easier to get your project licenced after you are finnished. I have been reading the new regulations carefully, and have to do some more research before I start building anything. In the mean time I spend quite some time to find what's available, and read others post about their experiences, to learn as much as possible in advance.
I worked 8,5 years with cars at a dealership, and since 2008 been working as a Locomotive Engineer for the Norwegian State Railways.

Hello! I'm living in Norway, where it have been hard to get licenced almost anything custom or amateur built without complaying to a very rigid and bureaucratic set of rules, and unbelievable high taxes on new builds.
First of january this year we got amateur building regulations, wich is supposed to make it much easier to get your project licenced after you are finnished. I have been reading the new regulations carefully, and have to do some more research before I start building anything. In the mean time I spend quite some time to find what's available, and read others post about their experiences, to learn as much as possible in advance.
I worked 8,5 years with cars at a dealership, and since 2008 been working as a Locomotive Engineer for the Norwegian State Railways.
I have always been impressed by the railroad industry (trains). My Grandpa was an Engineer back in the day. I wonder if the lawmakers or the insurance gurus who push the rules actually ever built anything with their own two hands in their life!! Just a "snapshot" of my rant relating to the communistic controls that we get to endure! I thought that was an American custom...I guess they discuss more than oil prices and "world peace" at the UN, Lol.

hei fra florida, mine besteforeldre fra
Gjesaasen i Åsnes

I have always been impressed by the railroad industry (trains). My Grandpa was an Engineer back in the day. I wonder if the lawmakers or the insurance gurus who push the rules actually ever built anything with their own two hands in their life!! Just a "snapshot" of my rant relating to the communistic controls that we get to endure! I thought that was an American custom...I guess they discuss more than oil prices and "world peace" at the UN, Lol.

It's a nice way of making an income, but I'm pretty sure your Grandpa had rougher days at work than me :) I have an former collegue working at the DMV, so I'll try to hook up with him for a in depth interview of what can be done, and what can't.

hei fra florida, mine besteforeldre fra
Gjesaasen i Åsnes

Heisan, jeg bor en halvtime utenfor Oslo, some er ca 2,5 timer fra Gjesåsen.

I live half an hour outside of Oslo, wich is about 2,5 hours from where your grandparents are from.

_ _ 0 _ welcome aboard. ,,,,hope you enjoy the ride. Maybe you can sneak a few small projects through the diesel shop.

Welcome to the forum from Illinois

It's a nice way of making an income, but I'm pretty sure your Grandpa had rougher days at work than me :) I have an former collegue working at the DMV, so I'll try to hook up with him for a in depth interview of what can be done, and what can't.
A little inside information never hurts! Good luck with your project!

iframe>

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back