Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Guy from PA

Again Beautiful 27 Ben!!! Love the interior and trunk! Exactly the vision I have for mine but our interior will be tan (car is going to be orange). I wonder what Spirits trunk area looks like and if can be finished like yours? I'm also unsure of the fuel tank placement in spirits 27? I have to call Josh at spirit tomorrow so I will see if he can direct me to some pictures.

You guys are going to get a work out with me!! I have a ton of questions. Guess that's why I made a donation to the website today!! LOL

Here are a couple of pictures of the tanks we make for Spirit's 27.
gas_tank_001.jpg

gas_tank_002.jpg

Thanks for posting RPM. I looked for a while on Spirits website and couldn't find any fuel tanks for sale. How many gallon tank is that? I will contact you for a price or maybe you could send me a message on this site? Is the hole to the left of the fuel cap where you would put the fuel level sending unit? Can you supply that also?

Is that also a spirit 27 body? The trunk area's on spirit's 27's don't have floors? I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to put a floor in probably out of plywood?

Mike: Most of the bodies you will find do not have floors in the trunk area. I fiberglassed in 3/4" ext plywood. I covered the plywood with several layers of resin to seal it. This would be typical for most '27s.

Bens274.jpg

Oh ok I didn't know that. So the plywood floor you put in the trunk area is just fiberglassed right to the body and rests on the frame or do you have to build supports for the floor?

Once the floor is glassed in, it will be pretty strong---any wooding or reinforcement you do to the body will help it as well.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back