Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New guy in N.C.

Mungo 03

Hello all! Dreamt about building a T since I'm 13 years old. I'm 63 now so it only took 50 years! Better late than never. The first T bucket kit I remember seeing was a kit from Bird Automotive. Remember them? I bought an unfinished Speedway kit. It was the basic kit with a bunch of extras. It had 4 wheel disc brake kit,gas tank,9 inch housing and axels master cylinder,brake pedal and some other stuff I can't remember.I gave $2650.00 for it. Think I got a good deal.

And, yes, 2650 is a good price, especially if it is what you want and can use. :) What are your plans for the power train?

Welcome from the warm, sunny Caribbean . . . .

I was looking at buying an older unfinished Total Performance (long since bought out by Speedway) kit . . . and that started me on the "Gotta have a hot rod T" journey . . .

We couldn't reach agreement on it's value, but I was hooked on having a hot rod T, so I ended up ordering a '27 T kit from Spirit.

My crate engine is already here, and the rolling chassis should be shipping from Arkansas this week, so we'll be building along the same time line.

These guys here are an incredible wealth of knowledge and experience to draw from, and I haven't yet seen one not willing to share and help out a newbie or someone in need of help.

Darlene

Last edited:
Welcome from Mooresville, NC! In case you are interested, The National T-Bucket Alliance has a Carolina's chapter called the Carolina T's. We currently have 28 members from all over the Carolinas. Their is no charge to join the Carolina T's!

We will be holding a Regional Run April 25-27, 2019 in Mooresville. Bucket-heads from as far away at New Mexico, Iowa and Maine have already registered for the event!

If you would like more info on the chapter, please contact me at rbswelder at yahoo.com.

Thanks for all the welcomes.To answer the questions.
1. Speedway kit is indeed my starting point.
2. 350 sbc and turbo 350 but I've been kickin around perhaps a powerglide Comments?
3.I would be interested in joining the T Bucket Alliance.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back