Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New paint

akitagandy

I got new paint .what do you think? click on LINK Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
100_1442.jpg

Boy thats PURPLE for sure........Thats nice,,,,,,,,:cool:

Very nice! You gonna stripe the flames or leave 'em as is?

Awesome looking paint nice extension also

My painter said to bring it back when finished for pin strip

as far as the kind of paint I don't have a clue, a freind that paints for a living gave me the paint and labor said all that I had to do was pick it up when he finished it Possum Killer Garage Homepage He was so happy to see me build a streetrod , I have wanted one from the age of 10. You really can't tell from the pics but it has a lot of pearl in it so the color flip flops between purple and blue with blue pearl flames

A word of caution.When my painter painted mine he used base coat clear coat and buffed the bejesus out of it and it looks an inch thick.cool so far then i had my guy put the graphics on it(thinking i could clear it later over the graphics.WRONG I would have had to sand the whole car down then put the graphics on then clear over it so find out what you have before you stripe it.just offering some help.

Bad Ass paint job!! note on striping...if he uses striping enamel...dont clear over it. If he uses an acrylic, or unreduced base, you can use the same clear...just get the SPOT clear, rough the area around the graphics with a scotchbrite or use a 'clear melt' . The other option is a clear basecoat. Pinstriping enamel is fine all by its lonesome though.

For you guys planning heavy graphics; a lot of custom painters use a mid coat clear, or clear basecoat to lock things together in an effort to keep mil thickness down

sure...its more of a striping and brush enamel...Im not sure you can spray it for graphics well. I guess get a detail gun, some acetone and One-Shot and give it a go

What color pinstriping?

Very well done! It looks great. I feel like finding a grape Nehi Soda. Do they still exist? :D

TheAntiBoyd said:
Bad Ass paint job!! note on striping...if he uses striping enamel...dont clear over it. If he uses an acrylic, or unreduced base, you can use the same clear...just get the SPOT clear, rough the area around the graphics with a scotchbrite or use a 'clear melt' . The other option is a clear basecoat. Pinstriping enamel is fine all by its lonesome though.

For you guys planning heavy graphics; a lot of custom painters use a mid coat clear, or clear basecoat to lock things together in an effort to keep mil thickness down
I think your wrong here for one reason.Base Coat Clear can not be color sanded to blend in.So messing with the finish he has now before striping WILL mess the paint job up.My recomedation is before you clear coat finish what you want then clear coat the crap out of it to achieve the depth you want.My painter says also no more than 5 coats of clear over the base coat.My graphics are OVER my base coat clear coat and after three years ive had no problems with the paint .In my opinion if you stripe over the clear cote you will ad dimention to it like a 3-D effect.In my painters words not mine.

A lot depends on his particular finish system and his painters comfort level. However, I like to put graphics over base, then learcoat the whole shebang...and pinstripes all by themselves on top. Colors for the accent stripe? silver, lime green, butterscotch, orange??

Grape Ape?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back