Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Pics of the '27

jmel

I had a rare spare few minutes to take a few photos of my '27. Had to rush through this, as i had date night with the wife shortly after, so only had time to take a few photos. Here's what i ended up with.

On a side note, i broke her as i was driving out - the harmonic balancer decided to part ways with my engine. Its amazing how quickly your engine gets hot when it doesn't have a working fan or water pump. I was nervous about making it the three miles home without grossly overheating the engine.

IMG_7798IIWeb.jpg

IMG_7803IIWeb.jpg

Love that minimal chrome look... Great shots. I've had to limp home without cooling a couple of times in the past, and I found getting up to speed and then coasting until it stops, then let it cool down before doing it all again is the best approach. Well, probably the BEST approach is to call AAA for a tow, but... Anything more than a ver few miles and I'd never attempt it. Very nice job on the shots!

Another fine T hits our pages
Gerry

So.... I was wondering.

Why did your balancer leave? Do you have a bolt securing it?

I recently worked on a gorgeous 59 Corvette that would not start after the owners pal reinstalled the heads after a valve job. He failed to have the valves adjusted to actually close for the compression stroke and sparky thing. In the process of getting the thing to fire I discovered there was no balancer bolt, so pulling it through for each TDC was a pain.

Just curious....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back