Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New seats for the Rat Fink.

Rick

VIP
VIP Member
Since i cant afford the Total Bomber seats and thats the way i want to go here are a couple options i have to make my own for very little money.First off the stock seats.
DVC00048Large.jpg

And my two choices.
DVC00049Large.jpg

The seats i got from Buzzbucket
DVC00054Large.jpg

Not liking them at all gonna sell them.And use these there your standard cafeteria seats after i cover them in foan and a roll and pleat style like the rest of my interior should look pretty good.What do you guys think?
DVC00057Large.jpg

I asked my adviser and i just got looks from it.
DVC00058Large.jpg

DVC00060Large.jpg

DVC00061Large.jpg

DVC00062Large.jpg

Thats my gear shift knob i made .How do you guys think it turned out?

Talk about thinking outside the box, I like your idea for the seats and that gearshift knob is way cool.

Thanks i just think the bombers are cool but to much money i had these at work so boom new seats.The knob is ceramic from????? my brother found it in a car that was a lease return.Never seen one like it before.I filled it with acrilic plastic and made an adaptor for the lokar shifter then bored the inside on a bridgeport mill at work then glued it all together.Shakes like krazy with the long lever.Still working on that one.

That knob looks real cool.Those seats are a good idea and they look comfortable.

This was one of those Halloween decoration clearance items, plastic, adapted for the Locar shifter. Picture is from a Christmas Parade a few years ago.

319713455_56b045b4b3.jpg

The seat is a Dodge caravan middle row seat coverend in a $5 blanket.

T-Odd said:
This was one of those Halloween decoration clearance items, plastic, adapted for the Locar shifter. Picture is from a Christmas Parade a few years ago.

319713455_56b045b4b3.jpg

The seat is a Dodge caravan middle row seat coverend in a $5 blanket.

Wow, it must be nice being able to drive your bucket in December. Up here we usually have snow on the ground and the temp is in the teens.

We cruise year round... I even go driving (the one day) when it snows.

2322134983_aef9fe4632.jpg

T-Odd said:
We cruise year round... I even go driving (the one day) when it snows.

2322134983_aef9fe4632.jpg
Something that HOT (the car) should melt it before you get there.

Do it. I'm going bomber seats in my next one.

were did you get the cafateria seats? That is what I want for mine, but haven't found any.
Mike in ep

jmr122848 said:
were did you get the cafateria seats? That is what I want for mine, but haven't found any.
Mike in ep
In the cafateria at work.Seems there were two seats with broken legs.LOL And my boss said i could have them.

Paulski said:
I thought of using cafeteria chairs too, but came across a doctors office getting rid of there old office chairs from the seventies and asked if I could have them. They even came padded! They are just like cafeteria chairs but are made of fiberglass.

I think these are the same ones:

Vintage Herman Miller Eames era fiberglass shell chair - eBay (item 120326975326 end time Nov-07-08 12:05:00 PST)

I thought of those to but i had these so i'll just glass them to stiffen and put a tack strip around the outer edge(on the back).You'll have some glassing to do also the backs of your chairs narrow almost to a point at the top.But good thinking on your choice as some one said"Out Side The Box"

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back