Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Newbie but oldie

coachfhs

just retired from 35 years teaching special ed and coaching. bought my lifes dream 23 T. I guess i need to change the front motorcycle type wheels and tires and add brakes up front. i hate to loose the wheels they are kinda old school but i guess not safe. it really is kind of hard to stop....just drums on the front. if anyone out there can tell me possibly who the kit was made by it would help. the fiberglass bucket is a double wall construction...never seen that before. i was told it was a nascar motor...its all aluminum and is supposed to have about 400 hp. i am a coach and am lost on mechanical but my new motto is "no place to be and no time to be there" so i got time to learn. let me know the maker if you can.
coach
well i just tried to upload pics and it says they are too big...i will try to see if i can figure it out

Sound like fun if you post pics to photobucket then on here it usually works. If you have drums on the front that should be OK.Oh Yeah Welcome

Welcome to the forum Coachfhs, you've come to the right place if you looking to learn about T-Buckets. As for drum brakes I ran them on my bucket for 42 years with no problem. 2 years ago I had to replace the 49 Chevy rearend I had originally installed with a 91 Firebird and so now I have disc's on the back but because of the light weight of the bucket drums worked fine. I like the old school look so I kept the drums on the front.

Welcome Coach.
Get thoe pics cut down and loaded up.
We like to see new T projects

Welcome Coach. Congrats on your retirement. Time to enjoy life and your starting out great by playing with a T. Im a average back yard machanic and need to learn alot about rebuilding a T. I have been reading in the forum for a while and learning alot of things i never thought about or knew about. These guys are the best in here, you cant go wrong. Enjoy and most of all, relax and have fun.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back