Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Nice video

I bought a Morgan 4+4 new in 1964. What a fun car that was. It had a Triumph engine, Jag tranny. I think I gave 3500.00 for it and traded it in 1 1/2 years later for a 65 Mustang Convertible. Now they sell for around 40k. Last week when I was in Reno, I saw an original 3 wheel Morgan power with a JAP engine.
Lee

Here's my Granddad's 1957 Morgan +4 4seater that he has owned since 1957. That is him in the passenger seat and me driving. Very much built like a T and fun to drive. You'd be amazed how well the car handles. My Granddad and Grandma used to do gymkhana's back in the early sixties, but Grandma drove and Grandad navigated! Apparently they were quite the team. Like Choppedtop's morgan, it had a Triumph engine (TR3) a moss gearbox, with lucas (the prince of darkness) electrical.

Jack will be 96 next month and doesn't drive anymore, but he loves going to the British car shows with it. Not too many folks can claim to have the same car for 57 years!

Mr. Lucas, of Lucas Electrics, had some dying words for those with his system in their cars. They were, "don't drive at night." Thus, as Ben has called him, "the prince of darkness."

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back