Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Off The Wall Bucket

If you are going to lower it that much there is no way the engine is NOT going to be higher than the cowl. Unless maybe you had a flat 4 in there or something. lol

The engine is about a 1/2" lower than the top of the dash and the grill is about level with it. I would of liked to get it level with the cowl but there's no way that's going to happen with h0w radical the frame is. As long as it's not taller than the dash it still looks ok to me.

A guy I work with's dad has an upholestry shop and has been doing it for over 30 years and he said he could hook me up with a nice interior. I'm thinking red glitter vinyl but I'm not sure yet.

P1050618.jpg

P1050615.jpg

P1050614.jpg

P1050619.jpg

Man I love it! It may not be the fastest with that little flathead but it sure has the looks.

Got an idea make an intake with vent holes through it like your frame. Nice wheel chock.

Got an idea make an intake with vent holes through it like your frame. Nice wheel chock.

Thanks guys! I was rolling it out of my garage and left the block of wood I use to chock it inside, the pictures don't really show it but my driveway is kind of steep so I ended up getting stuck holding it from rolling down the street and it came down to my shoe or the steering box to chock it.

How much clearance between the tie rod and the frame? Looks close to me. Try a ramp test for each front wheel to see it hits the frame.

It is pretty short! 93" wheelbase, everything is pretty shoehorned in it. Frame is a rolling chassis now. For how short the 4 link is there is barely any pinion angle change throughout the travel.

IMG_20131015_194604.jpg

IMG_20131015_194624.jpg
Those have got to be the shortest 4-bar links ever! They should allow a good 1-1/2" of suspension travel lol! Yeah, you shouldn't see much pinion angle change with a properly designed 4 bar setup.

I had a few friends stand on the front to see how much the front leaf spring will compress and if the tie rod will clear, it should be good, worst case I have to bend the drop arms a bit.

It would make a good case for mounting the tie rod ahead of the axle. IMHO

Jim

It would make a good case for mounting the tie rod ahead of the axle. IMHO

Jim
I did just that, for the reason I stated it would hit the frame. Bending the arms would put them below the scrub line. Ackerman not off bad enough to worry about, except when taking mountain curves too fast. The front end tends to push to the outside. Can still take curves 10-15 mph above posted speeds.

I did just that, for the reason I stated it would hit the frame. Bending the arms would put them below the scrub line. Ackerman not off bad enough to worry about, except when taking mountain curves too fast. The front end tends to push to the outside. Can still take curves 10-15 mph above posted speeds.

I'm a firm believer in maintaining proper Ackerman that is why I made new steering arms. It really was not a very difficult task given the results. Anything worth doing is worth doing correctly. IMHO

Jim

I've been pretty busy lately and haven't had a lot of time to work on the bucket but I did get the headlights mounted, intake done, headers done and the master cylinder mounted.

P1080340.jpg

P1080341.jpg

P1080343.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back