Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

offset heim joint

Chris,

I think that you are worrying about something that is not a problem. I don't have any straight on from the side pics of the rear but it appears that you have about 2" of clearance at the closest point between the radius rod and the bottom of the frame rail. That looks like it would hit at about midway on the radius rod. That means that you would have about 4" of travel at the outer end of the lower control arm...more than the coilovers will allow.

BTW you have any pics of the problem? Might help come up with other ideas.

Sorry no pics right now. Don't have the new control arms yet.

Chris,

I think that you are worrying about something that is not a problem. I don't have any straight on from the side pics of the rear but it appears that you have about 2" of clearance at the closest point between the radius rod and the bottom of the frame rail. That looks like it would hit at about midway on the radius rod. That means that you would have about 4" of travel at the outer end of the lower control arm...more than the coilovers will allow.

I know I have 2" now. The old jag control arm have about a 3/4" drop in them at the diff. The new control arms won't have that. So I figured I could lower the radius rods a bit.
It might not be a problem. Looking for a fix now if I need it and not have to worry later.
If it is a issue. I'll go with the welding of the bar. It will be under the car. No one will see it.

Looking at that frame. You can solve this with a couple of holes.

One the front mount, drill a couple of holes 1 to 1.5 inches lower on the mount. It won't affect anything in the way the rear functions. Mine are mounted flush with the trans mount. There is very little movement on that front heim joint.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back