Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Oil Leak

ellis8500

Thanks to a previous post I was able to fix a persistent oil leak around the timing chain cover on my Ford 302. It was as simple as changing to the correct PVC valve for the engine. I thought they were all about the same but I was educated here to now know that they are not. Got the one for a carbureted 302 and leak is gone. Thanks guys for the info.

G;ad you found your problem leak, and thanks for letting us all know. Could be helpful info later for someone else.

Thanks to a previous post I was able to fix a persistent oil leak around the timing chain cover on my Ford 302. It was as simple as changing to the correct PVC valve for the engine. I thought they were all about the same but I was educated here to now know that they are not. Got the one for a carbureted 302 and leak is gone. Thanks guys for the info.
Few things more aggravating than an oil leak on a fresh build...

Until Ellis divulges the remedy, I would assume he had too much crankcase pressure and changed to a PCV that stayed open more to reduce pressure. I am guessing on this.

That is exactly what happened. The first PCV I used was just one I chose at random not knowing that they are really engine specific. Then I read that using the wrong one can cause oil leaks around gaskets due to too much crankcase pressure. So, I got one specific to my engine and no more leaks.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back