Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

OK, I have to establish some ground rules

Mike

I got a PM from a longtime member today. And he hit the nail right on the thumb, because he joked I am like the proverbial, one-armed paper-hanger. He was absolutely correct. When I walk in a door, I usually have to make way because I am passing myself on the way back out.

Martin, my sincere apologies. I overlooked it, plain, flat and simple. :)

(Damn, I wish I had someone else I could blame. It's a pain to have to man up and admit to my own mistakes.)

All along, I've said this site belongs to each one of you. You are the ones that post here. You are the ones that have helped other members with your collective knowledge. Some of you are the ones that have donated to the site to help pay the bills. Some of you have stepped up to sponsor the site, which helps cover expenses even more.

So, you see, this site is your site and not mine at all. I just try to keep the software and the server doing what it is supposed to do.

I log in here every day and shake my head that this place has grown as it has. I look at the members that have visited each day and see all those member names in blue and thank each one of them for caring enough about this place to kick in their hard-earned money to keep it alive. I see the sponsors and thank them for placing the faith in this site they have placed.

There are days I am in and out of here a dozen times, trying to help this member sort how to post pictures, trying to help that member with how to change his user profile, trying to update a script, trying to modify a template, trying to track some of the forum statistics, etc. I get so busy with all of that going on that I end up falling behind on other tasks.

I am going to work a lot harder to stay as close to neck and neck as I can get with this place, you have my word.

But I need some help from you.

If you are thinking about making a donation to the site, please use the new donation module that is located near the bottom of the forum home page, right above the What's Going On module. If you use that system, it will flag me up to verify payment has been made via PayPal and it also identifies who has made the payment.

If you do make a payment via the old method, please, PLEASE, PLEASE take a couple moments to send me a Private Message with the e-mail address you used on PayPal as part of that message.

If you made a donation to the site on 24 May and you hail from a numbered Court address in St. Louis, MO, please PM me to let me know. I don't want to give up any more information on the open forum, but I have tried to sort your username in the database and I can't get it done. I can't locate the e-mail address you used with PayPal and I can't find you with any other searches on the other bits of info I have from PayPal. :rolleyes:

As for payments being sent via USPS, please do not send personal checks. I'm not going to name anyone, but I did have a member jam me up with a rubber check. And once bitten, I am now twice shy. I always joke I have a verbal agreement with the bank - I don't cash checks and they don't operate forums. ;) RPM will understand, as he knows my employer, but we really do have a sign hanging in the shop that reads, 'In God we trust. All others pay cash.'

I'm not trying to disparage anyone's integrity, so please do not get the wrong idea.

If you do not prefer to pay via PayPal, I understand. Please send a certified check or a money order. I understand it can be a pain to run to the bank to get a cashier's check, so when you stop at the 7-11 or Village Pantry for a cup of coffee, grab a money order from them. If you don't drink coffee, then contact me and I will give you an account number you can use to send payment via your bank's online bill pay. Hopefully that gives everyone enough options.

So there we have it. No personal checks, please. And if you do not use the new donation module, please flag me up via PM to let me know who you are. I want to make sure we get your forum account permissions changed, so you will have recognition for your donation and access to the private donor's forum.

And I'm back to work, as there's enough of it to get finished up.

Thanks to all of you, for making this place what it has become and what it is growing to be.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back