Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Okay or a No No???

2591819988_a164f3c4bd_z.jpg

That's perfect. Do you know where they came from?

He needs 1 more set of carb return springs on that thing, or put a grease fitting on the carb shaft.

FWIW... :D ;

The Dodge brothers were the ones to cast up Fords' (early - including, I think, some T) engines, along w/some other intricate parts. Don't know when Ford took over machining/assembling, much less casting, the various parts to make a complete mill, but it was some time around when Ford bought out the Dodge Bros, so's he could have complete control. (Can't remember when Fords' Rouge plant came online - iron ore & trees in, complete cars out.)

The Chevrolet brothers made (aftermarket) parts for Fords (T & A{which also fit the B & C}) so they could go fast, esp on the dirt tracks, board tracks, & Indy. & of course, so did other hot rodders.

There wasn't all that much "Ford" in a Ford, back then. Depends on what time frame we're talking here, of course. More so than a lot of other makes, but still...

So you wouldn't be all that wrong to put a non-Ford emblem on the grill shell. +, "Who in 'H' really cares, anyway?" ... :D .

Marcus...

I know a fella that had t- bird valve covers made for a chevy engine he put in a 32 ford. Now that is a head scratcher.

Maybe the same one is down here now. There is a red 32-ish pickup Ford running a sbc with T Bird valve covers on it. The owner bought the car done and those were on it. He said the PO spent a lot of time making them fit.

Don

You live in Texas? ... so do I and here is mine ...

I think it would anger the " ROD-GOD" :laugh:. We all know the difference between the chevy, ford and mopar engines. And all the cars are "FAD-T's" Norm , Ivo, and everyone else from the old days never did use emblems.

hey keeper that chevy grill shell is beauty
Yes it is. Where can I find one?

That is a good question. Mine is off a 29-30 Chevy. It has a couple bad spots, looks like it was crumpled a bit and straightened back out, but I figure its 80 years old, its allowed to have some character! I traded a set of 54 chevy spindles for it.

They pop up from time to time on ebay.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back