Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Parking brake handle help

Johnny

I am looking for a parking brake handle sort of like a lokar but not at their price. :jawdrop:

Any suggestions what to look for when I go to the salvage yard would sure be appreciated.

Thanks

I am looking for a parking brake handle sort of like a lokar but not at their price. :jawdrop:

Any suggestions what to look for when I go to the salvage yard would sure be appreciated.

Thanks
My first T i used a Vega.I also used the Vega consoul along with it.Very little trimming.The Vega has a flange on it and it bolts flat on the floor.

lokar-performance-products-EHB-7000F.jpeg

If this is the style look in pinto's and some mustangs had these also beetles had them.

I think I still have a Jimi Hendrix's tape for that somewhere in a storage box.

I think I still have a Jimi Hendrix's tape for that somewhere in a storage box.
Don't get me wrong i like Elvis but not for cruising.Now Jimi is perfect for that job.

Thanks
I used one from a Nissan Altima that is rubber coated and bought a univesal repair kit from Advance that had the ball end crimped on. also made own boot for it.

I used one from a vw beetle, I used 2 pieces of 3/4''keystock by 1'' long, drilled a hole all the way through for the cable and then cross drill two holes and taped them to act like set screws to lock the cable down where I wonted it to be, and welded one on each side of the handle down next to the bottom , works great.

VW has a few that are size shape about right and can be found cheep used $10 to 20,Jetta 93 to 99,VW 90 to 94,Cabrio 2002, and Empi also new is a chrome ,headle and ratchit kit at about $27 E-brake.

Cool, thanks I will give the local yards a call and see if anyone has anything.

Thanks for the info, I picked one up from a 93 Jetta, cost me $20 for the e-brake handle and a throttle valve, throttle bracket for my 700r4.

I found the pre 93 Jettas had the handle welded to the floor, 93 and up, 2 bolts and out it came.

Here is a pic if anyone cares: Its not shiny and all that, but after I make a new vinyl cover for it, it will blend right in with the rest of the interior.

30%20june%202011%20001.JPG_595.jpg

Its about 13 inches long, stands 6 inches high at rest.

Thanks for the info, I picked one up from a 93 Jetta, cost me $20 for the e-brake handle and a throttle valve, throttle bracket for my 700r4.

I found the pre 93 Jettas had the handle welded to the floor, 93 and up, 2 bolts and out it came.

Here is a pic if anyone cares: Its not shiny and all that, but after I make a new vinyl cover for it, it will blend right in with the rest of the interior.

30%20june%202011%20001.JPG_595.jpg

Its about 13 inches long, stands 6 inches high at rest.
Idea;If ya need it lower then 6in. high,just make a floor mount that is slanted some so it lays flatter! But level enough room to get your fingers under it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back