Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Pickup

they supplied bodies to other venders also, the one todd has i assume is one of there's i bought from main street rod shop. the bodies are of good quality although thin skinned. i ordered the inner panels for the doors with mine but would advise against it. they where warped beyond use. i glassed wood to the inside.

you can save a few bucks by ordering the door hinges from speedway, pt#911-25305. these are the '29 model A hinges but are the closest ones you will find on the repro market to the '27's.

Ron

Ron, that sure does look alot like the one I got from you.

Leon, I hope you will be able to cut down the trans tunnel.

i'm sure leon won't be needing all that trans tunnel. if you add a toe board you will get some usable foot room too.

Ron

Todd said:
Ron, that sure does look alot like the one I got from you.

Leon, I hope you will be able to cut down the trans tunnel.
since I'm running a 4 cylinder I don't plan to run that tunnel at all I already decided it's way too big.everything in the pic is just set in place the rear will sit about mid way that fuel cell the spring mount is behind the cell at the end of the frame.the bed is 2Xs longer than the fuel cell so the wheels will be centered in the bed side .I'm using 35 Ford rear wish bones so the body will be sitting only a few inches higher than in the pics.I am ONLY channeling the body about an inch lower than the top of the frame just enough so you can't look between the floor and frame top.I'm looking for a hood top if anyone knows of one to mate the 32 shell with the 27 cowl.Speedway sells a 27 hood that's 31 1/2 inches long but takes a track nose or stock T shell not sure it will work on my car because of the duece shell.I'm hoping to be able to start posting some progress on the T in the near future.

Leon, I see you are the Iron Dukes social club at the HAMB. Is that the 4 cylinder you are going to use?

Todd said:
Leon, I see you are the Iron Dukes social club at the HAMB. Is that the 4 cylinder you are going to use?
It will be either a Chevy II/Merc Marine 4 which I have or a 2.3 pinto either one will include a Paxton supercharger I have here

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back