Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Picture "notification"

I'm with Ben, I would like to go as it is about 90 minutes away. I'm just not sure what to expect.

I'm with Ben, I would like to go as it is about 90 minutes away. I'm just not sure what to expect.
I'm going to do my best to go to Dayton. I expect to be treated just as anyone else that is a member of the NTBA. If for some reason i'm not, then i'll say my 'peace' to the powers that be and still enjoy myself for I think that there will always be someone to ride, drive, and party with that will be like me and just not like everyone that is a member of the NTBA. Just because I may not like them, does not make them bad people, I just don't associate with them, just as I don't go to bars to drink and possibly get into some kind of trouble. I never let anyone tell me, push me, or guide me in any way to do something I don't want to. Been there done that on all counts and have paid the price. There are enough BucketHeads in the U.S. and abroad to go around for everyones taste in socializing at gatherings like this and to be enjoyed by all who attend, members and non- members alike. So I say all that want to go, please do and find out just how different things might turn out. This is a social society that we live in but we all know that all are not social and someone always has to stand up to what 'THEY' believe in, and follow to the tune of their on beat. That being said, lets just all try to be civil and not show any disrespect towards others or thier way of life,you never have walked a mile in their shoes.

I plan on attending. I think it will be one of the better Nats, although Colorado Springs is going to be tough to beat! Looking forward to touring the Air Force Museum, the Wright Brothers Museum, Brookville Roadsters and Dayton Wire & Wheel!!

While non-NTBA members are encouraged to attend, I believe you will be required to join the NTBA if you want to put your car in the show'n'shine so that you will be covered by the insurance. The insurance protects the NTBA in case someone is injured by your car. One real-life example I'm aware of is at one of the Nats someone tripped over somebody's wheelie bars and sued the car owner and the NTBA. Was covered by the insurance. You can go on the cruises without joining, as far as I know. You don't have to "register" for the cruises... you just show up and follow the crowd!! Best part of the Nats IMHO. Nothing like seeing a solid line of 100 T-Buckets snaking up the highway!! :egypt:

I'm going to do my best to go to Dayton. I expect to be treated just as anyone else that is a member of the NTBA. If for some reason i'm not, then i'll say my 'peace' to the powers that be and still enjoy myself for I think that there will always be someone to ride, drive, and party with that will be like me and just not like everyone that is a member of the NTBA. Just because I may not like them, does not make them bad people, I just don't associate with them, just as I don't go to bars to drink and possibly get into some kind of trouble. I never let anyone tell me, push me, or guide me in any way to do something I don't want to. Been there done that on all counts and have paid the price. There are enough BucketHeads in the U.S. and abroad to go around for everyones taste in socializing at gatherings like this and to be enjoyed by all who attend, members and non- members alike. So I say all that want to go, please do and find out just how different things might turn out. This is a social society that we live in but we all know that all are not social and someone always has to stand up to what 'THEY' believe in, and follow to the tune of their on beat. That being said, lets just all try to be civil and not show any disrespect towards others or thier way of life,you never have walked a mile in their shoes.

Bruce come on to the NATS and enjoy all the things the Nats have to offer. Try to stay at the host hotel so you will be able to join all the cruises that just happen.........Some things are hard to set up they just happen. I am going to Dayton from NM see the Family that's what it is all about, the cars just bring us together..........My 2 cents........Is it June yet?

Mike

Bruce come on to the NATS and enjoy all the things the Nats have to offer. Try to stay at the host hotel so you will be able to join all the cruises that just happen.........Some things are hard to set up they just happen. I am going to Dayton from NM see the Family that's what it is all about, the cars just bring us together..........My 2 cents........Is it June yet?

Highjacked thread---- Sorry

Mike
Was in Lenoir in 2009 without the Bucket. Still had a good time and did get to meet you and a lot of other BucketHeads. I was so impressed at the Club and how it functioned and represented itself to the world that I joined and am still a member. Lots have happened since June 2009, life, deaths, job, and health have all played a part as well as seeing and reading how people act, portray themselves, and try to influence others with their own words and wills. When I had to grow up at age 16, Lost my mother at 18, never new how the world would be to a dumb redneck from N.C. was going to be, I was one of those people for awhile. The Army, my family,{what was left of it] and a few friends is what kept me from becoming something that I would later despise as human beings. Bullies is the best word to describe them. We have the bullies of the World trying to rule the people of the World in all aspects of our lives, even in little pieces of it like the NTBA, and close to home cliques, as well as others. I love my life and my Country, but I fear my Government and my enemies, because they want to take away my freedom to live my life as I see fit, and with whom I associate with. I am sorry for standing on my soapbox to long. I've said enough.

jcunning "I'm with Ben, I would like to go as it is about 90 minutes away. I'm just not sure what to expect. "

Here's what I tell everyone.

It's up to you to bring the good times with you, no matter where you go. If you are determined NOT to have a good time, you won't. If you're determined to have a good time, you will.

When it comes to great memories, most of the best happened with my "family" during a NATS event. My life has, without a doubt, been augmented by meeting Al Carpenter and (WAY TOO MANY to count) others I've met along the way in Kansas City, Omaha, Mountain Home, Springfield, Lenoir, Colorado Springs, and the whole crew down in North Texas.

They are family. We're separated by long distances, and we get to see each other only once (or if we're lucky twice) a year. Tears are always shed at the end of the week after a Nats event.

You show up to a Nats and don't know anyone? NOT a problem, unless you're afraid to have fun. Don't ever be afraid to say hello to someone new. You MIGHT just make a friend for life.

I always try to find a new couple of people that for whatever reason I never got to meet along the way.

It's not about the cars, they're just the icing on the cake.

Sorry to take up so much of everyone's time talking about it - I just love these dang bucketheads too much I guess.

Look for the rusty number 7, piloted by the guy wearing a smile 24 / 7. He might look like a hippy, but I hear people like him for some strange reason ;P

You got that right Mike, a committee just clouds the water. One person that knows what they are doing keeps things smoooth.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back