Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Pictures, but not mine

Wow what a great bunch of pictures looks like a great time . Thanks for posting them

I sure saw some familier iron/fiberglass in those shots :lol:
think any of them will post :lol:

Those are my photos, and only about 1/4 of those I posted. Take a look around here:

Flickr: mrblanche's Photostream

If I were a betting man, I'd bet our adventure at the track Friday night will soon be legend....

(Oh, and if you go through those sets, you'll find I have phtos of most of the previous nationals, too.)

Friday Night at the track I never even glanced at the speedo....

Got any idea of your top speed Mike?

I was at the extreme top end of 2nd gear (and in my experience that's over the hundred mark, especially since changing the rear to 3:43).

Engine was screaming and I was LOVING it. Previously I have never kept my engine at that RPM for more than a half second... but up against that concrete wall, the sound was music to my ears.

I wish I had a video.

My nephew quoted Talledega Nights "Remember that time in biology when we got kicked out of class for playing with Matchbox cars? Who's retarded now?"

Shake... and Bake.

Dennis, Will have those lamps lit by this weekend!!:cry: Thanks for taken the
time to explain it to me, Claude

Nope, Todd, no idea. I don't think it was all that fast, really. I'd ask Dottie...but she says she was watching that wall too closely to be paying any attention.

Real Fast................I forgot to see the speed thing too.........THAT WAS FUN lets do it again..........

3657277024_62aae87976.jpg

That tub was ROCKIN'

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2454/3657277024_78a52c233d_o.jpg

(1024x768)

BTW, I checked last night.

At "oh man I hope nothing breaks" RPM in 2nd gear I'm running around 105-110.

I held that in the straight and only lifted slightly in the turns because of traffic (YOU lol).

I don't THNK it was that fast. Maybe you had it in first?

Yeah, the slow traffic would be me. Remember, I have a virtually stock engine, I weigh 300 lbs more than everyone else when the cars are empty, and I had 4 people on board.

Could you e-mail me that pic in larger form?

I figure it wasn't too fast. None of the other 3 people were pounding on me to slow down.

Might not have been that fast after all. My Speedo lies to me when I change tires.

Kletus was wearing the really tall tires... well, that would mean I was travelling faster than the speedometer said.

I don't know Mike. Just took the bucket to Back Yard Burgers for lunch and ran it up again to check the speed.

80MPH in second gear had it humming along but not at the extremely high RPM I had going down the straights.

I'm failry sure it wasn't first gear, top speed in 1st is around 45-50. I know for a fact I was going faster than that.

Maybe Toolman or Tristan caught a glimpse of his fast-o-meter.

I posted all of the racetrack photos, (photos/uncleslacker17) pic the ones you'd like and I'll send the full res versions.

I have our new 11x17 printer going OVERTIME on these pics - hope to mail out one or two to Toolman as soon as possible.

You see the wreck picture yet? Not a pretty sight even thought the scenery was beautiful.

How was the TREK home? LOL.

The TREK did fine. Averaged 8.5 mpg, which is just a tad worse than the pickup pulling the enclosed trailer.

And I'm tempted to get a "Star Trek Theme" horn!

Did you see we stopped to help out Jack Goss on the way home? I thought we might have to do the same as you did, put his car on the dolly and drive mine.

Yeah, but your tub has a top... Toolman gets the Tetanus T award for 500 miles in Kletus with the sun on high.

I took over after the 500 mark and rolled it in to Memphis.

20mpg, some vapor locking when it got really hot. Tim was popping out of hte draft to get some clean air (100F!) and the car stayed at 220-ish all the way home.

Wasn't easy, but Tim's bucket is in the garage and not out in the middle of crackville, NC right now.

Dad's F250 has 2500 extra miles on it, and we have a few more stories to tell.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back