Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Plastidip

askiles

Has anyone considered Plastidipping their car instead of painting it? It is a really cool process, easy to do, and fairly inexpensive.

http://www.dipyourcar.com

Comes in tons of colors and effects. Anyways! Thought it was a nice topic of discussion.

Wow! I've never seen that before. That's got to be one huge can of Plasti Dip!:laugh:;):rolleyes:

Seriously though, it sounds pretty cool.

For a full car, they suggest about 3 gallons. It goes on thick, and with 5-6 coats, should last 3 years. At the end of the 3 years or anywhere in between, you can either peel it all off and start again, or just go over it again. Seems like some great stuff.

Am I missing something here? Why would anyone want to repaint their car every three years? In fact, one of the reviewers on the DIP site complained that the color faded in a few weeks, so three years might be optimistic. This sounds like a lot of trouble for something that will probably never look as good as automotive paint.

Jack

I'm painting the outside and using the bed liner roll on stuff. waterproof and durable.

Some Folks on the samba have done this. I only have 9 posts I will forward the Link after this one

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back