Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Popeye31 T Build

Popeye

Here are a few pics of my Build. Im a autobody technition and I convinced my boss to let me build it at work on my lunch breaks and an hour after work. we get off at 5 and it take about an hour for the porters to close up. so I get an hour after work . so far I am 5 hours in and I have the frame welded scraped and degreesed the 12 bolt rearend , and partialy disasembled the 454 im putting in it. I also sand blasted some old valve covers and cleaned a oilpan for it. tomorrow im going to weld the front and rear spring perchs, and mabe mount the front and rear axls.
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/jleblanc31/SAM_1264-1.jpg
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/jleblanc31/SAM_1266.jpg

Picked up a 700r4 trans at pullapart for $75 finally got all the parts in to rebuild my motor new crank,cam rings,bearings,timming chain . I put the rings on the pistons to day and set the crank and cam in the motor . will try to get some pics tomorrow. i have to sand blast the Holly intake and clear it .

Finally brought the camera here are a few pics of the floor install and motor.
SAM_1465.jpg
SAM_1468.jpg
SAM_1466.jpg

good job popeye im just starting a first time t bucket and need all the help i can get keep up with the pictures

I finally finished the split wish bone and suicide spring setup and installed it today just need to make a shim for the shackles to tighten them up . I had to turn down the speedway shackel bushings to fit my spring. Im moving on to the trans cross member since the body and chassis is at ride hight and rake now. I have most of the crossmember mocked up just need to weld it together. found a steering box and a ujoint for the steering .will be mocking it up after I get the trans crossmember finished . ive put a few more pics in my album on photobucket. link is in #12 reply

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back