Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Possible bad pitman arms from Speedway

tfeverfred

I appoligise for not posting this earlier, but I figured most of us check the NTBA website on a decent basis. It seems a NTBA member had a scare (to say the least) with a broken pitman arm. I'm posting this for those not aware of the NTBA and who may have missed this. This is important news, as it effects controling our cars. Here is a link to the thread. It speaks for itself.

http://www.nationaltbucketalliance.com/bb2005/detail.asp?Id=107988

Since the member reported the problem to Speedway, they have DISCONTINUED selling Corvair pitman arms. I still believe Speedway just got a hold of a bad batch because they are in good standing with quite a lot of hot rodders. Never the less, please check your stuff guys and be careful out there.

I'm a machinint in Michigan. Any what to send me a corvair pitman arm I'll go ahead draw on up on c.a.d. and possilibby get some made up. e-mail me at; tkvalead@comcast.net

thomas:)

I have two you can use but be carfull Thomas broching the spline will be tuff as it is tapered.

Thomas: I think there is a broaching shop up on Block st. If not I'll find out where O'Keller gets theirs done if you need to.

If you go to NTBA site Mikey has brand NEW FORGED ones for sale for $20.00 DELIVERED.

Rick said:
If you go to NTBA site Mikey has brand NEW FORGED ones for sale for $20.00 DELIVERED.

If they're like the one I got, they are good, factory pieces. He told me he gets his at swap meets, etc and cleans them up.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back