Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

PPG Water Based Paint System

ellis8500

Just doing some planning for the time when I have to start painting things. Has anyone out there used the PPG Envirobase paint system? I plan to paint my car and parts in my garage using HVLP equipment and all of the necessary barriers to catch overspray. I've read some articles about the PPG product and would like to hear the experience of others. Just a note, most, if not all manufacturers use water based paint systems on new car production so I know the products work. Just wondering how they worked for the hobbyist.

Just doing some planning for the time when I have to start painting things. Has anyone out there used the PPG Envirobase paint system? I plan to paint my car and parts in my garage using HVLP equipment and all of the necessary barriers to catch overspray. I've read some articles about the PPG product and would like to hear the experience of others. Just a note, most, if not all manufacturers use water based paint systems on new car production so I know the products work. Just wondering how they worked for the hobbyist.

I can't tell you about the PPG product but I bought a DVD from "http://www.paintucation.com/" titled Paint Your Own Car II - Waterborne and it looks doable by a hobbyist. The DVD is done by Kevin Tetz who is on the Saturday morning show 'Trucks' on Spike TV. It is a very informative video that takes you through the entire painting process from prep to finished paint job. The DVD is available at his website or at Eastwood.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back