Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Primer?

I would not advise using a spray can primer. It is of a rather poor quality compared to just about any brand of regular automotive primer. If you a looking for a quality result, use a quality product.

Jim

My primary color is going to be flat black.
I don't have the money to have a paint shop do it.
I don't have the tools to spray it my self.

I'm stuck with spray cans.
I know there are different types of caned primers. Just not sure which one to use on firberglass.

SEM brand (available at auto paint supply) is the best I've found and also the most expensive. Duplicolor is almost as good but less money and available at many auto parts and box stores. dollar for dollar Duplicolor has many good paint products in fact...... IMHO

Russ

SEM brand (available at auto paint supply) is the best I've found and also the most expensive. Duplicolor is almost as good but less money and available at many auto parts and box stores. dollar for dollar Duplicolor has many good paint products in fact...... IMHO

Russ

I've been looking at Duplicolors website.
They have Filler Primer, Flexible Primer, Primer Sealer, and Self-Etching Primer.
4 different primers.

filler primer is good if you have sanding scratches. you don't need the flex. primer sealer is what I would use. metal etch is only needed on bare metal.

Russ

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back