Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Radiators

ford4ever

Good morning all!

Can you guys help me? I have a TP kit. What Radiator are you running in them. I have a CCR
chrome grill shell that it needs to fit into. Brand,part # would be helpful!

Thanks,
Mark

I use '65-'66 mustang V-8 radiator in the T's I've built, both aluminum and brass radiator. You can find them online or at most local parts stores pretty reasonable. They fit most grille shells I've run across, and easy to mount with the side mounts on the radiator.

There is an aluminum unit on fleabay that people are using in some cases and it is typically under two bills.

I'm guilty of buying one of these as well and I'm hoping it keeps things cool. The thing to consider with one of these is who can fix it if it were to develop a leak? The fins are about as thick as an aluminum beer can.

I read everybody's opinion on your radiator, I would enjoy giving you my opinion. I don't like aluminum radiators I didn't see anybody tell you that you must use distilled water not tap water. Tap water will ruin the aluminum radiator I also don't like a radiator that flows up and down like the Mustang. Cross flow keeps the water long and cools it better! At least that's my opinion if anybody would like to shoot me down please do. I just finished doing my radiator all in polished brass if I knew how to post a picture I would show it to you.

I never tried distilled water in mine. I was told to use purified drinking water and an aluminum radiator additive and anti freeze. So far so good.

And for the folks trying to keep those Hot Headed Hopped Up Motors cool....try the waterless coolants, it raises the boiling point, doesn't promote corrosion....it doesn't attack the alum. rad.'s like some of the funkified water does.
Also, pay attention of Electolysis in your cooling system, too. Probably not a problem with most of ya....but when it strikes, it can run you up the tree trying to troubleshoot it.

I'm guilty of buying one of these as well and I'm hoping it keeps things cool. The thing to consider with one of these is who can fix it if it were to develop a leak? The fins are about as thick as an aluminum beer can.
Well, if its just a flue or 2, you can solder it up....but let the radiator shop do it or the welding shop. You can also Micro-TIG it with no problems, on the tanks and the surrounds/ filler neck....

A good friend of mine has used some of those rads (he runs a hot rod shop) and has found them to be ok but he puts the fill on top to eliminate any air bubble in them.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back